• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Eddo Rogue

Can pour concrete on asphalt to make it flat again?

Theres big tree roots pushing up the old asphalt around my garage, its a a real PITA rolling floorjacks and whatnot when Im wrenching. Can I just pour a thin layer of concrete over it to smooth things out? I think theres enough slope compensation to be able to float out over the roots yet keep...
  2. Eddo Rogue

work boot thread

When @Dirtman posted pics of his uncle sam boots in a 4.6l thread, I felt it was time... Anyways to recap, I recently switched from work boots to tactical boots for work, and like them much better. I replace my boots often, so am always in the market. have yet to find one I would buy a 2nd...
  3. Eddo Rogue

Dana 35 TTB ball joint recommendations and advice

Gotta swap the ball joints on my '93 D35 TTB. Went on Rock Auto and there's like 37 different options, and some of the "economy" choices seem better than the "daily driver" choices is AC Delco good? I heard Moog has gone downhill, and read some bad reviews. Is Mevotech any good? They offer...
  4. Eddo Rogue

3 axis welding clamps, and drill press clamp.

I'm looking into 3 axis welding clamps, and also a drill press clamp. Most of the stuff I make at involves 3 axis 90's. I think these would save me a lot of time and material building jigs and messing around with single clamps, and more easily staying within tolerance. I realize I would need 4...
  5. Eddo Rogue

08 F150 5.4 rough idle

I recently started noticing low rpm/idle is a lil rough. A buddy who occasionally borrows my truck, but hasn't recently said the same thing after using it again for a short trip. It drives fine, no CEL. Just doesnt purr like usual, and feels a little farty off the line. its at just under 130k...
  6. Eddo Rogue

Countersink bits for metal

I'm tired of using crappy countersink bits. My craftsman set dulled out this week, I had to struggle and break a drill to finish a hot job. Looking for a good set that is intended for metal. I will be using them mostly on hot and cold rolled steel, sometimes cast iron or aluminum.... wood on...
  7. Eddo Rogue

Best way to drill a 7/8" hole into 1/4" steel.

I need to drill a 7/8" hole into a 2"x2"x1/4" hot rolled mild steel plate. I started with a pilot hole and worked my way up to 9/16" before getting stuck. So far my step and large drill bits have brought me no luck. They are of HF brand. I ordered a good set of drill hog step bits hoping...
  8. Eddo Rogue

Will a cam synchro being out of adjustment throw a CEL code 214?

Before I swap the cam synchronizer and sensor for the 2nd time, I am wondering if it could just be out of adjustment, like a distributor. It was lined up in the window when I installed it, but perhaps managed to spin itself out of parameters? would this trip my CEL? I had about 500 miles on...
  9. Eddo Rogue

What Brand(s) cordless power tools do you go with?

Unlike cars, cordless power tool technology has really come a long way and in the right direction. I started with a makita impact screwgun my old man left me when he passed, back when that was about all they offered as cordless. still works like a champ! Since then I have just about every...
  10. Eddo Rogue

I never did an intro, but this is already not so fun....

People have been real jerks on here lately (more so than usual) Everyone hates on me for being from CA, and I find there stereotypes very offensive. They assume I am one of those liberals that ruined this state, when on the contrary I am being driven out by the very people they think I am. My...
  11. Eddo Rogue

'08 F150 parking brake light intermittently on and off

I changed the brake fluid level sensor and the light still randomly comes on and off for random duration. What now?
  12. Eddo Rogue

What is the most common Ranger engine (in here and out there)?

I ask in regards to both out there in the world, and here in this forum. Its seems to me the most common engine found in rangers, and in TRS forums, is the 3.0....and after that the 2.3. I think the 4.0's, both OHV and SOHC, are the least often posted about or found in rangers. And swapped...
  13. Eddo Rogue

Dreaded code 214 is back

I already swapped the cam position synchro/sensor about 500 miles ago. Code 214 popped up yesterday. Did my cam sensor go bad again? or is it something else? I read it could also be coil pack or crank sensor. Is this common? Truck runs great despite the CEL.
  14. Eddo Rogue

CA Mandates all trucks must be electric beginning in 2024

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1128652_california-mandate-electric-trucks-all-ev-by-2045 is this even possible?
  15. Eddo Rogue

Anyone work on a fuel injected scooter? 150cc EFI wont idle...

I have this 150cc "La Vita" scooter, its a vespa knock off....and despite being chinesium, they were fairly well made, had a bit of a cult following, but are now discontinued. At first it had a high and erratic idle, which would mellow out after a ride. Now it refuses to idle. It acts like a...
  16. Eddo Rogue

Tow hitch pics?

Does anyone have pics of their towing hitch mounting setup? I scored one of those universal bolt on hitches and could use some ideas on how to install it. Looks like there will be some fab work required. Between the spare tire and stock bumper , there's not much room left, and angled...
  17. Eddo Rogue

What's it like to drive a V8 ranger?

Being in CA I can only dream of such things....but always wondered reading about V8 swapped rangers... Whats it like to drive? do they haul ass? spin tires through shifts? How do they handle with all the extra weight and power? I've never even heard a V8 rumble come out of a ranger in...
  18. Eddo Rogue

Steering locknut stigma

I have read threads that advise both for and against adjusting/tightening the steering box adjuster/lock nut. My steering has a lot of play only in the middle. Upon visual inspection, the play was in the steering box. When moving the steering back and forth going into the gearbox, pitman gear...
  19. Eddo Rogue

Refresh me on freshening up wheel bearings...

The other day I noticed my wheel bearings are loose. Its been awhile since I have dealt with non sealed bearings.... Can I repack/tighten them up? I heard these can work themselves loose. They looked ok when I did the brakes about 500 miles ago. Or should I just replace them? the truck has...
  20. Eddo Rogue

opportunity to trade for a '99 Jaguar XJ8 4.0l supercharged.

My buddy wants to trade me his '99 Jag for one of my motorcycles. Its the 4.0l supercharged engine. It needs head gasket(s)....rest of the car is clean and works. Clean title but has about $700 in back dmv fees (which I could probably get covid waived) How much of a PITA would it be to do a...