• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' the posts that you read.

Search results

1. ZMan

Dropped I-beams?

You'll have much better luck finding a used set of 89-97 beams. Though they're still hard to come by. Switching to the later style beams is an upgrade, as you can swap to 95-97 knuckles and gain dual piston calipers that bolt on instead of use those stupid slide pins. They also have the...
  2. ZMan

Rolling off of Black Bear Pass

I think I read about this one, the driver was out of the Jeep helping someone and it rolled away I think?
  3. ZMan

Tuesday Evening

Joe Rogan is going to do a live stream, might tune into that while doing side work.
  4. ZMan

Unknown Radio Code

My daily is an 01 Accord. I'm lucky a previous owner wrote the code right on the cover of the owners manual lol.
  5. ZMan

Ford’s New Yellow P-OAT Coolant: Should You Upgrade?

I work at a Ford collision shop now, and was introduced to the new stuff today when I went to grab coolant for a Focus ST I'm repairing. Apparently ANY vehicle that comes into service that is still under warranty HAS to have the coolant changed out to the new yellow stuff per Ford.
  6. ZMan

Unknown Radio Code

They're not like Hondas, thank God.
  7. ZMan

CA: Looking for someone to talk to about BAR approved Engine change/swap process

So you're still going to do the swap? Did they interpret the rules wrong or something?
  8. ZMan

5 Star Tuning

"Canned tunes" are the tunes that come on the device if you were to just buy it from amazon or something like that. 5-star tunes are actually custom tunes they've written for that platform, technically not to your specific vehicle. Realistically you should datalog after loading the tune, send...
  9. ZMan

Coincidences.......

I mean, the smallblock Chevy is the most popular swap of all time, and those wheels are pretty standard issue drag racing wheels, seems chances are pretty good to me. As for the rest of the story, CrAzY!!
  10. ZMan

List of quality parts.

Johnson Controls makes most OEM batteries, along with many of the parts store batteries. They also make SOME Everstart (Walmart) batteries. Not every Walmart carries the ones made by Johnson controls though, some are Exxide, which are not as good as the Johnson Controls made batteries...
  11. ZMan

Chainsaws....

I bought a 16" Husqvarna back in 2012. I got 4 years out of it before it became hard to start. Over a year and a half I took it to a couple guys who would get it running good, but the next time I'd go to use it it went right back to how it was. Said screw it and bought a Milwaukee 18v in...
  12. ZMan

Whats your most money "invested" in a vehicle after purchase?

I've owned my Ranger for almost 18 years, painted it once in high school, did a moderate restoration on it 10-13 years ago. A lot of modifications over the years. Haven't added it all up but I have kept all the receipts lol, if I had to guess I've put $5-6k into it on top of the purchase...
  13. ZMan

91 Ranger bodied 5.3 ls swap

Looks like a cool build, and you're certainly moving along pretty quickly on it!
  14. ZMan

hows everyones "quarantine" going?

Yeah as soon as I saw "Colombus" I was skeptical, did you see all the other "articles" at the bottom of the page? lmao.
  15. ZMan

refurbish aluminum alloy wheels?

Clear on wheels seems like its tougher than normal automotive clear coat. I did the same thing to the Mustang wheels I had on my ranger. It was a giant pain, and that was with the good stripper. Recently they cut all the "bad stuff" out of stripper and now it doesn't work worth a damn. One...
  16. ZMan

Anybody else out of work due to the beer disease?

Not yet, but at the rate they're going in Ohio I wouldn't be surprised. I'm looking forward to it, I have a ton of upholstery work, plus I still haven't finished fixing my Ranger from the accident last May.
  17. ZMan

Ford Ranger HID Retrofit..

I love retrofits. I have some mini H1s that'll go in my extra set of lights someday lol.
  18. ZMan

When Did Driving With Emergency Flashers Become a Thing?

its been well over a year since i've seen a good flasher fest on my commute. Last time it happened though a whole line of cars was hogging the left lane with their flashers on. Meanwhile my F150 has good tires and a coat of rainx on the windshield, I just set the cruise in the middle lane and...
  19. ZMan

value of white vans plummeting?????

wait wait wait...you still use AOL?