• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Vindictus

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
ReMan 4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/75/15
I swapped out my rear end with one I got from junk yard yesterday.
Also found out my 4 year old Rancho shocks are shot :( not impressed at all
Going to grab something to eat then it's test drive

holyford86

Some guy with a problem
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
many
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
33x12.50R15
Replaced my valvecover gaskets and installed reinforcing rings on the covers at the same time also sealed up some boost leaks in my supercharger adapter. Learned I need a catch can (so much oil) and ordered one of those

89Twincharge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Replaced my valvecover gaskets and installed reinforcing rings on the covers at the same time also sealed up some boost leaks in my supercharger adapter. Learned I need a catch can (so much oil) and ordered one of those
They just started carrying catch cans at AutoZone.. Im gonna get one for my supercharged mustang 2.3 when it's ready for d.d. .. had to eliminate the stock pcv valve setup cuz it's blowing the hose off even though it's clamped

holyford86

Some guy with a problem
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
many
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
33x12.50R15
They just started carrying catch cans at AutoZone.. Im gonna get one for my supercharged mustang 2.3 when it's ready for d.d. .. had to eliminate the stock pcv valve setup cuz it's blowing the hose off even though it's clamped
I ordered a single inlet sealed can from ebay for 23 bucks, good to know though. I'm running around 5 PSI on the 4.0 and haven't had any issues with crankcase pressurizing just oil in the intake adapter here.

89Twincharge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I ordered a single inlet sealed can from ebay for 23 bucks, good to know though. I'm running around 5 PSI on the 4.0 and haven't had any issues with crankcase pressurizing just oil in the intake adapter here.
I don't think my crank pressurizes but the intake side is what has popped off... I used that alumiweld from harbor freight to fill the port and a rubber cap over for extra protection

holyford86

Some guy with a problem
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
many
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
33x12.50R15
I don't think my crank pressurizes but the intake side is what has popped off... I used that alumiweld from harbor freight to fill the port and a rubber cap over for extra protection
Maybe a switch to just a standard crankcase vent filter and call it a day? Where I have mine plumbed never sees above atmospheric pressure. I'm not familiar with your build and would like to see, haha.

89Twincharge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Maybe a switch to just a standard crankcase vent filter and call it a day? Where I have mine plumbed never sees above atmospheric pressure. I'm not familiar with your build and would like to see, haha.
Kinda hard to see but pcv is now just a 3/8 brass connector and hose goes under intake around head and tees in to the valve cover breather hose then to supercharger intake

Attachments

holyford86

Some guy with a problem
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
many
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
33x12.50R15
Kinda hard to see but pcv is now just a 3/8 brass connector and hose goes under intake around head and tees in to the valve cover breather hose then to supercharger intake
Are you running a supercharger (Mercedes m62?) And a turbo?

89Twincharge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Are you running a supercharger (Mercedes m62?) And a turbo?
So this car just the m62..I did twincharge my 79 Ford courier but changing route on that. My ranger will be twincharge d tho!!!

holyford86

Some guy with a problem
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
many
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
33x12.50R15
So this car just the m62..I did twincharge my 79 Ford courier but changing route on that. My ranger will be twincharge d tho!!!
Very nice

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Yesterday I took a cotton rag and zip tied it covering about half the radiator on my '97, I'm tired of it taking almost 10 miles to get any heat when it's under 50F outside and the gas mileage is down like 2mpg partly from never warming up... the other part from getting stuck behind stupid people that can't drive, I shouldn't be passing people with a 2.3L Ranger... now that it's dark all the night blind people are driving and scared to go over about 45... which is fun when there's two of them side by side in a 2 lane road blocking about 50 cars that just want to go 55ish...

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Yesterday I took a cotton rag and zip tied it covering about half the radiator on my '97, I'm tired of it taking almost 10 miles to get any heat when it's under 50F outside and the gas mileage is down like 2mpg partly from never warming up... the other part from getting stuck behind stupid people that can't drive, I shouldn't be passing people with a 2.3L Ranger... now that it's dark all the night blind people are driving and scared to go over about 45... which is fun when there's two of them side by side in a 2 lane road blocking about 50 cars that just want to go 55ish...
It's insane how over cooled the 2.3s are.

Id barely get to the point where I have appreciable head coming into the cab after 6 miles of driving, have to stop for a red light.. and then have to start all over again. People who live/commute in bigger cities on surface streets must never get heat in the winter lol.

holyford86

Some guy with a problem
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
many
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
33x12.50R15
It's insane how over cooled the 2.3s are.

Id barely get to the point where I have appreciable head coming into the cab after 6 miles of driving, have to stop for a red light.. and then have to start all over again. People who live/commute in bigger cities on surface streets must never get heat in the winter lol.
My 2.5 suffers from the same issue, the odd thing is the live data says the engine is fully warmed or at least warm enough after a couple of miles but I still have no heat, I've flushed heater core and changing the thermostat and housing after a housing failure but it made no difference at all. Once the weather gets colder than about 10 degrees it's like someone is breathing on you after 20 miles at 75 on the interstate...

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
My 2.5 suffers from the same issue, the odd thing is the live data says the engine is fully warmed or at least warm enough after a couple of miles but I still have no heat, I've flushed heater core and changing the thermostat and housing after a housing failure but it made no difference at all. Once the weather gets colder than about 10 degrees it's like someone is breathing on you after 20 miles at 75 on the interstate...
Breath/bodyheat will warm a reg cab truck up relatively well in my experience lol. The last winter I drove my '10 it was with a crappy blend door and even on those 15 degree days by the time I got to work it was somewhat comfortable in the cab

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Took the lazy rout with my leaf springs and ordered a whole new pack with and extra leaf instead of building my own.

Worked out for the best since the old springs were in pretty bad shape. Over load leafs were bent pointing down.

Sits better now. I was hoping it would sit a little higher like my F150 did, the ranger sits just a little better then level.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals