• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Glenn

Lefty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Transmission
Automatic
I've spent a pretty penny on my '03 Ford Ranger Edge: pulled the bed off and sandblasted the frame, repainted it with POR 15, replaced the rusty stuff on the top side, had it painted too. And thanks to this forum, I've been able to get it running just like new. I go to the Upull Yard often and bring along a shopping list replacing the old and worn with something that looks brand new. For some strange reason, i haven't been able to find a decent vintage stock radio so I went to see my friend Glenn.

He worked on the Ranger assembly line for decades here in Saint Paul. When he retired, he became a shade tree mechanic, restoring Rangers for friends. Glenn has a scrapbook filled with photos. All those trucks look brand new. His garage is filled with old Ranger parts. He had fog lights for my buddy, key fobs too. He gave me a 2003 owner's manual and a number of other little things. Among them was and old Twin Cities assembly line decal. I'm kind of a restoration nerd, I guess. I want everything just the way it once was. Glenn made my day!

After he got the new radio installed he said, "You have no door stops inside the door jambs." He went back into the garage and returned with two rubber stops. What can I say? Only Glenn would have noticed a detail as small as that. And bless his heart! He's spent half his life putting Rangers on the road and the other half keeping those same trucks in perfect shape.

Attachments

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Cool story... we all need a Glenn around the corner.

I also moved this to the general discussion forum. It was started in the 2019 and newer forum.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
tell Glenn to join TRS!

Lefty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Transmission
Automatic
Cool story... we all need a Glenn around the corner.

I also moved this to the general discussion forum. It was started in the 2019 and newer forum.
Thanks Uncle Gump. Yup. We all need a Glenn.

Lefty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Transmission
Automatic
tell Glenn to join TRS!
Actually I did. He just wasn't interested. I think maybe he doesn't want to eat, sleep, and drink Ford Rangers. I don't know why.

On another occasion I introduced him to a fairly knowledgeable friend with a 2002 Edge. The Check-Engine light was on. Glenn offered a diagnosis without even plugging anything in.

"Just cut this wire," he said. "It doesn't really do anything." Sure enough, he was right.

Lefty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Transmission
Automatic
There was once a time when Rangers were a common sight when the assembly plant was up and running here in Saint, but the plant is closed. Fewer people buy the newer models.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
Rangers are all pver the place here. As vehicles age, they get closer to Mexico so i see them a lot more

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
There are quite a few still on the road here. Mine was built in Twin Cities. I remember seeing a "Made in the USA" sticker on my 2019 but I forget where. Nice to be able to still get at least some things built in the US.

Lefty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Transmission
Automatic
There are quite a few still on the road here. Mine was built in Twin Cities. I remember seeing a "Made in the USA" sticker on my 2019 but I forget where. Nice to be able to still get at least some things built in the US.
Exactly! It's also sad to see so many who were turned out to pasture. Maybe it was a job for most, but it was also a passion for many who took great pride in what they did.

A couple of my friends own Rangers. We help each other out. Sometimes when we get lost, the question comes up, "what would Glenn do?"

If any of you are interested, he's selling off his parts. He's got key fobs, several radios, a couple fenders, and a couple diagnostic tools. Most of the rest are small items. You would have to come to Saint Paul to pick them up. I will give you his number.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals