• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

91 Ranger bodied 5.3 ls swap

ryan

Forum Administrator
Administrator
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
honestly I am not sure what possessed me to do the Belair dash, I knew I wanted to do a dash swap, so while at Carlisle swap meet I was looking and all I could find was an old desoto dash and this Belair dash. so I brought this one home and it fit pretty damn good.
i was skeptical when i saw your first post, but you blended it in really nicely

bodied91ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Ok so what am I doing wrong guys with uploading my photos on here? I've never had an issue with it before coming up sideways..

anyway. got the truck put back together somewhat tonight. windows are going in this weekend. then its final blocking, tape up and paint. really excited to see it all painted.

driveshaft is being made as well this week. feeling really good to get over the hump

and yes that's a 1946 ford truck in the back and you ford guys will be pleased to know that she is getting a coyote engine swap. not doing another gm swap into a ford.

tempImageA4upQC.png
tempImagelCC2O4.png

bodied91ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
got the truck painted today. five coats of base. three coats of clear.. planning to let it cure. wet sand and shoot three more then after that wetland and buff.. my painting environment isn't five star....more like 3 1/2 stars haha. so wet sanding is going to be a must.

on another note. can someone please tell me why my pictures upload sideways... I figured by now someone would have told me what I was doing wrong haha. thanks a bunch

tempImageWBXhRM.png

bodied91ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
So after the first round of clear I wasn't happy. Went ahead and wet sanded the entire truck with 600 grit and re shot the entire truck with three more heavy coats. I changed my gun settings up a bit to drop more material during spray. Needless to say I am VERY happy with the results on second time around. Truck was shot using Eastwood Pure White base coat x5 coats. followed up with Eastwood 4:1 Premuim show clear x6 coats. I am planning to start installing windows and interior this week. once its finished a good curing I will wetland with Merka Abralon foam pads starting with spot sanding 1500 on the dust nibs only. Followed up with 2500 then 3000. Then will use 3m cut and buffing products. Thanks for following along with me on this project and I am glad to say its going to start looking like something more and more here weekly from here on out!!!

tempImageJKZr7X.jpg

bodied91ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
got windshield in this morning as well as back window.. I am having a hard time finding new windshield molding for this thing other then on eBay. which I try to avoid. anyone have any other sources. lmc truck doesn't have molding for earlier rangers only 93- up. anyone with any info let me know. thanks
tempImageKQziyU.jpg

bodied91ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
did some smalls tonight. started putting the dash together.. my 4 year old son said he wanted the back drop of the Belair logo to match the color of the dash, so we mixed up a little single stage and shot some white on it...boy was he right. with that gold Belair logo and the clock it looks great

tempImageKzwWrL.jpg

dvdswan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 2WD
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Keep your mind like an umbrella, it only works if its open... Continually learning.
Silly question... since the fuel door is not on the truck did you paint it at the same time as the rest of the truck?

bodied91ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Haha yea it’s def a silly question. But yea I painted it off the truck becuase I didn’t really wanna have to flip the door open and closed during painting the truck 😂😂😂. But I’ll be sure to reinstall it abs send you a picture with it on.

Busypees

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Looking good! This is show truck quality

bodied91ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Looking good! This is show truck quality
I appreciate that. I have spent 3 years so far on the build. at this point I have literally touched every single piece of the truck. im committed so I might as well make it the best I can. I've had some people tell me I was stupid for investing this much effort into a ranger. but this truck is special to me. so im gonna send it!!!

Busypees

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I appreciate that. I have spent 3 years so far on the build. at this point I have literally touched every single piece of the truck. im committed so I might as well make it the best I can. I've had some people tell me I was stupid for investing this much effort into a ranger. but this truck is special to me. so im gonna send it!!!
3 yrs isnt long at all, some people spend a decade and quit before its done. People can say what they want but at the end of the day whats important is doing what makes you happy, let other people worry about what they do.

bodied91ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
got some time this evening to work on the exhaust. really wanted to get three inch all the way back but lack of space didn't allow it with enough clearance after heat wrap. reduced it to 2 1/2 inches before the drop down. hoping to get the passenger side welded up tomorrow night, then install alternator fuel rails vintage air heater/heater core and radiator over the weekend and hopefully hear this thing run finally. going to have to heat wrap every inch of headers and exhaust in the bay. just another step in the road.

tempImagejkuJkx.jpg

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals