• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Picked up some stock aluminum wheels

Deiimos

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
^That came out really good!

I have the Outlaw II style like the OP posted, mine don’t have the extra holes for caps or whatever those are for (my caps push through the back) and might be a different brand. At any rate, they need redone as well, just haven’t felt like messing with them.

I'd be curious to see how they come out when ford4wd08 gets done with his.

ford4wd08

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Polished up pretty good. Anyone know what type of lug nut these wheels take? Conical, tapered, Etc.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
Ive just used standard replacement mcguard lugnuts, 1/2-20. I dont think theres any special degree of the tapering to the seat.
I like the mcguard because they dont rust/chip ir peel. Ive had the same set of lugnuts since my ‘93, almost 20 years on that set of lugnuts, I think they sell in pkgs of 4 each and I believe they were 4 or 5 bucks + change a pack. but that was in 2003. Im sure things have changed.

Last edited:

ford4wd08

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Ive just used standard replacement mcguard lugnuts, 1/2-20. I dont think theres any special degree of the tapering to the seat.
I like the mcguard because they dont rust/chip ir peel. Ive had the same set of lugnuts since my ‘93, almost 20 years on that set of lugnuts, I think they sell in pkgs of 4 each and I believe they were 4 or 5 bucks + change a pack. but that was in 2003. Im sure things have changed.
Yeah they are more like $8.99 now... I wasn't sure my current ones would work, but seem to be fine.

ford4wd08

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Oh and here are the wheels installed..... With the new tires and the new center caps.

To my surprise two of the wheels appear to have the smaller ID on the hub.... I'm guessing someone mixed years at some point, but they wouldn't fit the front lock outs. Luckily two did... So, I won't have many options when it is time to rotate the tires.....

The struggle is real working on old stuff, one step forward, then two back.

By the way I did replace the lock out handle (red part in hub, not sure of the real name). A guy on facebook 3D prints them for cheap and they look of great quality, a lot better than faded red ones.

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals