• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2019 Ranger Missing 2 of the 6 Bed Tie Down Brackets

HenryMac

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2019, '31, '27
Make / Model
Ranger, A & T
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo, 350, 5.0 HO
Transmission
Automatic
Total Drop
Stock, about a foot, about a foot
Tire Size
LT 265/65 R17, P285/70R15 & P195/65R15, 820-15 & 500-15
Taking the the time to do the things you enjoy in life is much more important than making money. Some folks never learn that lesson.

Abox5

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I hear what you‘re saying. But I built these on a Saturday morning. I didn’t build them to save money, it was more a matter of principle. I work as a Value Engineer in the auto industry, I would say ford has less than a $1 for materials, processing, labor, and overhead for a tie down and 2 bolts. It’s borderline criminal to gouge their customers for parts they left off. So I built them out of spite and because it was fun. 😆

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
I hear what you‘re saying. But I built these on a Saturday morning. I didn’t build them to save money, it was more a matter of principle. I work as a Value Engineer in the auto industry, I would say ford has less than a $1 for materials, processing, labor, and overhead for a tie down and 2 bolts. It’s borderline criminal to gouge their customers for parts they left off. So I built them out of spite and because it was fun. 😆
Value engineer must be the fancy term for bean counter I imagine? So.. stuff like this is your fault?

HenryMac

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2019, '31, '27
Make / Model
Ranger, A & T
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo, 350, 5.0 HO
Transmission
Automatic
Total Drop
Tire Size
Well done.

I'm a Mech Engineer.. and had never heard the term "Value Engineer" :icon_confused:

Value Engineering - Overview, History, Steps, and Examples (corporatefinanceinstitute.com)

I always worked at small companies though, so we were all doing "value engineering", we just didn't have specific people for it.

Last edited:

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
There is a retired Ford engineer on Ranger5G. He says that people get bonuses if they can save money on product. I can see that 2021's are decontented a little from my 2021. Little stuff like leaving off the plugs along the bottoms of the rocker panels.

HenryMac

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2019, '31, '27
Make / Model
Ranger, A & T
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo, 350, 5.0 HO
Transmission
Automatic
Total Drop
Tire Size
There is a retired Ford engineer on Ranger5G. He says that people get bonuses if they can save money on product. I can see that 2021's are decontented a little from my 2021. Little stuff like leaving off the plugs along the bottoms of the rocker panels.
Sure, but it is supposed to be things that also make the product better. I guess they could also not ship them with a hood? I mean, do you really "need" a hood? Or do you even need fenders? Or do you need bumpers?

001.JPG

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
Sure, but it is supposed to be things that also make the product better. I guess they could also not ship them with a hood? I mean, do you really "need" a hood? Or do you even need fenders? Or do you need bumpers?
Yes. The gummint says you need most of that stuff so they look for other places to cut back.

Abox5

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Value engineer must be the fancy term for bean counter I imagine? So.. stuff like this is your fault?

View attachment 70770
No, that would be Sales and Marketing. They decide what content is offered in each trim level for a given model.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals