• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

think i need a longer driveshaft..

sickomode

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger 3.0
Transmission
Manual
hi everyone i need some advice/help! 2000 3.0 5spd. swapped in a 8.8 4.11 limited slip rear end, and installed f31 deaver 10 leaf pck. everything went smooth until a few months of part time daily driving when my driveshaft started slipping out. added a pinion angle and went to buckle everything up again, but it doesnt line up right and rear end looks way too far forward. i have a heavy duty alum driveshaft that is 45.5 inches, and ive come to the conclusion that i might need a longer one. its way too far off for a spacer of any kind, and i dont want it to keep happening, but im also not quite certain if thats it of if im just having a brain fart? if anyone has any input that would be really appreciated!

sickomode

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger 3.0
Transmission
Manual
open to recommendations on HD alum driveshafts

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Not sure what might be going on, that sounds like the length of the driveshaft on my '90, yours isn't a long bed is it? If anything my driveshaft is too long as it bottomed out from axle wrap before I added a traction bar...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals