• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Coronavirus

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
@8thTon you were banned for arguing against the CDC, masks, and the vaccine. I unbanned you because in my opinion this all comes down to a difference of opinion and you hadn't done anything that violates the rules.

But I'm tired of this damn thread. People are arguing facts that none of you are qualified to argue. It's causing drama in the forum and serves no useful purpose.

You're all grown ass adults. Do what you want. Wear a mask. Don't wear a mask. Get the vaccine or don't. It's all your decision. I would hope that in this world of ME ME ME that there's still some people that are considerate of other people.

NO MORE ARGUING MASKS OR VACCINES.

If you want to share your personal experiences with your Ranger family that's fine. But I'm tired of the bickering and drama.

BAN WARNING:

I don't generally ban members. The moderators do that. But if people keep stirring the pot and arguing, I'm personally going to start throwing people out and restore calm to my forum.

This applies to EVERYONE.

I'm tired of the bullshit.

@8thTon
@adsm08
@cbxer55
@Mike Tonon
@fastpakr

Last edited:

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
This coming Wednesday will be two weeks since my second shot (Pfizer), and that's supposedly when the vaccine starts having effect.

Neither I or my wife had any side effects whatsoever.

I'm just glad to have gotten it done.

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
@8thTon the mask issue has been beaten to death. Understand that you can discuss masks with whomever you choose privately... and the same goes for anyone else. Just please don't include me in those discussions.

After 14 months of covid restrictions... blah blah blah. Surely there are other import issues that deserve discussion.

How about the financial impacts of this...

How about trying to staff a 20 store pizza chain and most would rather collect government subsidized unemployment and make more money doing nothing then earning a wage.

What about just getting kids back in school so they stand a better chance at getting an education

What about states making new taxes on working from home

What about ...

last Sunday my favorite pizza place closed at 4PM because of "staffing issues"

looking around from there I could see literally dozens of help wanted signs.

8thTon

--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
My world is filled with stuff that needs to be fixed
After 14 months of covid restrictions... blah blah blah. Surely there are other import issues that deserve discussion.

How about the financial impacts of this...

How about trying to staff a 20 store pizza chain and most would rather collect government subsidized unemployment and make more money doing nothing then earning a wage.

What about just getting kids back in school so they stand a better chance at getting an education

What about states making new taxes on working from home
You really think discussing the effectiveness/purpose of lockdowns will result less controversy or dispute? I got this real nice bridge I'm thinking of selling, and can make you a real good deal.....

There is no aspect of Corona that you can discuss rationally in public because it has long ago moved into the political and/or religious realm. While the virus is real there are so many powerful interests attempting to use it for advantage, so much social pressure, and so much misinformation that learning the truth is exceedingly difficult. Discussing it is nearly impossible.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
And... you also have a choice to not participate in any such nonsense of a discussion. But you still do.

You seem rational to me... maybe just avoid it.

I will have you know... I had your back in your ban. Please don't make me second guess the choice I made in doing so.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yes, as said, "when you argue with a fool there are now two fools"

Doesn't matter who you think the fool is, because now there is no difference :)

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
You really think discussing the effectiveness/purpose of lockdowns will result less controversy or dispute? I got this real nice bridge I'm thinking of selling, and can make you a real good deal.....

There is no aspect of Corona that you can discuss rationally in public because it has long ago moved into the political and/or religious realm. While the virus is real there are so many powerful interests attempting to use it for advantage, so much social pressure, and so much misinformation that learning the truth is exceedingly difficult. Discussing it is nearly impossible.
And... you also have a choice to not participate in any such nonsense of a discussion. But you still do.

You seem rational to me... maybe just avoid it.

I will have you know... I had your back in your ban. Please don't make me second guess the choice I made in doing so.
Too late. I was very clear in my warning above.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
You are the boss...

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
One of the things listed under Prohibited Conduct in the Forum Rules is: "Intentionally interfere with the operation of The Ranger Station or any member’s enjoyment of it, or intentionally post inflammatory statements to get responses (“Trolling”)." I'm tired of people posting things just to stir the pot.

I have just updated the forum rules to include:

Political & Conspiracy Topics:

As the owner of this site (Jim Oaks) I feel that social media is dividing people and destroying our country. Some social media platforms have chosen to censor its users because they don't agree with the opinion of the person posting the content. I do not want The Ranger Station to be part of the problem. While there is nothing wrong with discussing current events, discussion of politics and conspiracy theories that lead to any of the above Prohibited Conduct will not be tolerated.

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
One of the things listed under Prohibited Conduct in the Forum Rules is: "Intentionally interfere with the operation of The Ranger Station or any member’s enjoyment of it, or intentionally post inflammatory statements to get responses (“Trolling”)." I'm tired of people posting things just to stir the pot.

I have just updated the forum rules to include:

Political & Conspiracy Topics:

As the owner of this site (Jim Oaks) I feel that social media is dividing people and destroying our country. Some social media platforms have chosen to censor its users because they don't agree with the opinion of the person posting the content. I do not want The Ranger Station to be part of the problem. While there is nothing wrong with discussing current events, discussion of politics and conspiracy theories that lead to any of the above Prohibited Conduct will not be tolerated.
If I were you I would go ahead and lock this thread and stop it. You want to avoid the social media problem, but you have just gone down the slippery slope with the above post, probably without knowing it. Today's conspiracy theories can sometimes turn into facts later down the road. That's the major problem with the news and social media today.

I hope no one got seriously upset with anything that I said in this thread. I find it's a little therapeutic to say what's on your mind, just to see it in print on the internet. I know not everyone will agree, we all have different opinions on things. But if you feel it's damaging how fellow ranger owners feel about each other, maybe we should stop.

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
last Sunday my favorite pizza place closed at 4PM because of "staffing issues"

looking around from there I could see literally dozens of help wanted signs.
We are seeing that around here too. There are multiple reasons for it but one of the biggest is they just can't get enough people to apply. I'm not going to go into the speculation of all the whys that may be but the bottom line is that they can't keep or hire enough people to keep the business open.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
We are seeing that around here too. There are multiple reasons for it but one of the biggest is they just can't get enough people to apply. I'm not going to go into the speculation of all the whys that may be but the bottom line is that they can't keep or hire enough people to keep the business open.
A lot of places around here are only open a couple days a week for the same places. Also, most places that delivered before, don’t anymore for the same reason.

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Got my second shot a few hours ago. I don't feel invincible yet.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
Got my second shot a few hours ago. I don't feel invincible yet.
Wait 24 hours, then test yourself for invincibility. Let us know if you don't make it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals