• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2022 Ford Maverick

Saddle Tramp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Lot's of talk about it. I think it's going to do well.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Ive seen two dudes in a bathtub playing hide the loofa that were less... nevermind.

John97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Nissan Titan XD
Engine Size
5.6 Endurance V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
265-60-20
I believe these are already being built in Mexico.

It's not for me but I expect they will sell a bunch.

saxtech

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0 Flex Fuel
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I thought I heard this guy in the video say (at time stamp 4:00) that the new Maverick Pickup Truck was going to be built on a Uni-Body platform. Does this mean the absence of frame rails/channels ? If Uni-Body does indeed signify no typical truck frame rails, then I'm wondering if this will be a front wheel drive configuration. He did say it may be an optional ALL-WHEEL Drive configuration.
Also, the price point better be well UNDER $20k which is what made the previous Rangers desirable and popular for the working class guy. Forget it if the price creeps up to $25 or $30k. Might as well get a midsized truck then.

Last edited:

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
I thought I heard this guy in the video say (at time stamp 4:00) that the new Maverick Pickup Truck was going to be built on a Uni-Body platform. Does this mean the absence of frame rails/channels ? If Uni-Body does indeed signify no typical truck frame rails, then I'm wondering if this will be a front wheel drive configuration. He did say it may be an optional ALL-WHEEL Drive configuration.
Also, the price point better be well UNDER $20k which is what made the previous Rangers desirable and popular for the working class guy. Forget it if the price creeps up to $25 or $30k. Might as well get a midsized truck then.
Yes, it'll be built on the same chassis as the Bronco Sport. So it'll be unibody rather than body on frame. It'll have a lot of boron construction I'm sure.

There's not much you can get under $20k anymore. Even the ecosport starts at $18k, so I'm doubting this'll be under 20.

saxtech

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0 Flex Fuel
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Yes, it'll be built on the same chassis as the Bronco Sport. So it'll be unibody rather than body on frame. It'll have a lot of boron construction I'm sure.

There's not much you can get under $20k anymore. Even the ecosport starts at $18k, so I'm doubting this'll be under 20.
YUKKKK!!!! A truck with no frame ? Boron Construction ??? Please explain. Does this mean "Plastic" Construction ? Please tell me that it won't be Front Wheel Drive.

If its not going to have an economical price point of under $20k which is what made the previous Rangers popular, then they are wasting everyone's time. You can get a loaded Crew Cab Mid Sized Frontier with 260 Horsepower for $25k to $30k. I have a 2003 Ranger and a Frontier and LOVE them both.

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
YUKKKK!!!! A truck with no frame ? Boron Construction ??? Please explain. Does this mean "Plastic" Construction ? Please tell me that it won't be Front Wheel Drive.

If its not going to have an economical price point of under $20k which is what made the previous Rangers popular, then they are wasting everyone's time. You can get a loaded Crew Cab Mid Sized Frontier with 260 Horsepower for $25k to $30k. I have a 2003 Ranger and a Frontier and LOVE them both.
Another term for it is "ultra high strength steel." Ford has been using a lot of it since 2012.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!

I wouldn’t say loaded:

The lowest priced crew cab starts at $28,300... unless you’re talking actual price and we’re talking MSRP, which are two completely different things.

John97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Nissan Titan XD
Engine Size
5.6 Endurance V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
265-60-20
In the Nissan world, the S stands for stripped. ;)

saxtech

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0 Flex Fuel
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Yo
I wouldn’t say loaded:

View attachment 57426

The lowest priced crew cab starts at $28,300... unless you’re talking actual price and we’re talking MSRP, which are two completely different things.
You can get them cheaper than that. I got $4,000 off sticker for mine. Depends on the time of year. And mine was nicely loaded with the SV Value Truck Package.

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
FYI, money loses value over time thanks to inflation. $20k in 2003 is equivalent to $28k in today's money (some could argue that real inflation is even higher):

Selling a vehicle today for $20k would be like selling one for $14k back in 2003. It's truly scraping the bottom of the barrel.
If you consider inflation, the price of new vehicles has stayed pretty flat for the last 20 years or so:

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I got my truck for under 15k in 2010. :dunno:

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I got my truck for under 15k in 2010. :dunno:
Sure, but what was MSRP? Was it brand new, or used? Selling price can vary a lot, so it makes no sense to compare the expected MSRP of a new vehicle with the selling price of another vehicle. We're still just speculating about the MSRP of this new trucklet, let alone what they'll actually sell for once they're widely available on dealer lots. The point was, using some arbitrary price target that one thinks should always stay the same isn't realistic. What was considered "affordable" 20 years ago is different from what's "affordable" now. In general, vehicle prices have been pretty flat relative to inflation.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The point was, using some arbitrary price target that one thinks should always stay the same isn't realistic. What was considered "affordable" 20 years ago is different from what's "affordable" now. In general, vehicle prices have been pretty flat relative to inflation.
Wages have not kept up with inflation either... which is probably a lot of what causes the "why are new vehicles so darn expensive!" reactions.

Frankly I am about down to just finding a clean solid low mile Supercrew with a blown engine or trans and piecing one truck together with parts from my rusty trusty old Supercab.

The Maverick is a neat idea... the styling is rather hideous IMO though. As far as cheaper... a Ranger isn't much cheaper than a '250, I don't see it being that much cheaper than a Ranger.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals