• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hit a deer

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Hey, if you just need the bare minimum

View attachment 56171View attachment 56172
On the first one, just make sure you use one of those new 600 lumen hypertough flashlights from Walmart. I bet you could split your phone charger to recharge the headlight while it’s re-charging your phone.

As always, my two cents, hope it helps
True story, I got stopped by the coast guard one night in my boat for not having a working running light. I duck taped my cell phone to a fishing pole and stuck it in front of the boat and they let me go. :icon_rofl:

MikeG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B4000
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
235/75r15
Saw an old Dodge Ramcharger the other day with no fenders and hood, couldn't get stopped to get a pick for Truckspotters.

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely
A zillion years ago (about 82-83) I had a 71 mustang Mach 1. 351 W with a couple tweaks, hot car. I stripped all the trim off myself, and had it re- painted red (Ranger Red I think). I was young and dumb (is that redundant?) and I picked it up and drove it home: no front lights or rear/brake lights, etc, only pretty sheet metal, only a couple miles.

I’m halfway home, and the CHIEF of the Dekalb County Police stops me. Oh boy, my young life flashes before my eyes, this is going to be bad. I am looking in the rearview mirror, and he gets out, and it’s not just the blue uniform, I immediately noticed the gold badge & the gold braids on his shoulders and hat. I’m thinking: this guy is going to burry me under the jail...

And he comes up to the driver’s window and says “did you build this car? Way cool!” and checks it out for 30 minutes (long minutes). Not only did I get away with it, it got me out of two or three tickets after that. I brought it by the jail and let him & his buddies drive it.

It’s not just what you know, and not the stupid crap you do, it’s who you know…

Pay respect and believe in Him....

Oh, Edit: I sold it for $2,950 and almost doubled my money

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
lookng at your damage again in the light of day and better pics, it doesn't look like the header panel is *not* damaged, so yeah, a headlight, turnsignal and you are good to go. with a little bit of monkeying with the bumper bolts and a toilet plunger to the fender, you can have that fairly straight looking again, and if you opt to spend another 25 for a grille, it will almost be pre deer strike.

AJ

Last edited:
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Alright y'all, got me some parts! The junkyard was having a $20 bucket sale today.

I got a headlight, turn signal, 3 brand new 9007 bulbs , a cluster with tach, and miscellaneous parts for a 99 windstar all for 20 bucks!

Still need a grille, possibly a bumper, and fender but what I got will get me back on the road!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
What's your location?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Got the headlight and turn signal put in.

Definitely gonna get another headlight though, the one I got was an aftermarket brand TYS, and I can already tell the beam pattern sucks compared to oem.

IMG_20210227_153159920.jpg
IMG_20210227_153208010.jpg

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals