• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

soft spongy brakes on a 2019 Ranger

Blitz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Tremor
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I have 2020 Ranger supercab STX. I have 3000 miles on it and mostly love it. The brakes are super soft and spongy and I have a hard time having a nice controlled stop. They want to grab when the trucks slows. This is driving me crazy. Is this a chararistic of all new Rangers? My old Rangers were opposite and I had to stomp the brake pedal down to get it to slow a little. I apologize if you guys already covered this but I looked through the threads and did not see anything.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Mine are a bit touchy compared to the 2011. I would take it back to the dealer. You have a warranty that you paid for, use it. Even if you didn't buy additional coverage, you still paid for that warranty.

HenryMac

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2019, '31, '27
Make / Model
Ranger, A & T
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo, 350, 5.0 HO
Transmission
Automatic
Total Drop
Stock, about a foot, about a foot
Tire Size
LT 265/65 R17, P285/70R15 & P195/65R15, 820-15 & 500-15
I have 2020 Ranger supercab STX. I have 3000 miles on it and mostly love it. The brakes are super soft and spongy and I have a hard time having a nice controlled stop. They want to grab when the trucks slows. This is driving me crazy. Is this a chararistic of all new Rangers? My old Rangers were opposite and I had to stomp the brake pedal down to get it to slow a little. I apologize if you guys already covered this but I looked through the threads and did not see anything.
Welcome! We have a 2019 SuperCab STX FX4 and the brakes are not as you describe them.

But what you are experiences has happened to other folks and they have had to take their trucks back for a brake fluid flush. More HERE

Blitz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Tremor
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Welcome! We have a 2019 SuperCab STX FX4 and the brakes are not as you describe them.

But what you are experiences has happened to other folks and they have had to take their trucks back for a brake fluid flush. More HERE
Thank you HenryMac I will ask my Ford dealer when I take it in for the first oil change.

HenryMac

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2019, '31, '27
Make / Model
Ranger, A & T
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo, 350, 5.0 HO
Transmission
Automatic
Total Drop
Stock, about a foot, about a foot
Tire Size
LT 265/65 R17, P285/70R15 & P195/65R15, 820-15 & 500-15
Thank you HenryMac I will ask my Ford dealer when I take it in for the first oil change.
I'd suggest you print off the post that are linked to above, maybe even contact Porpoise Hork via PM and get details as to dealer name etc and be armed with that when you go to the dealer. They probably won't want to flush the brake system... and if they see it's been done before thta might just be enough to persuade them.

Good luck!

55trucker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
-
Total Drop
mild
If the brakes are *spongy* & you're not confident in the way they respond I wouldn't wait for an oil change to come around.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals