• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2021 Ford Ranger Tremor

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15

DEARBORN, Mich., Sept. 14, 2020 – Ford today answers the call of Ranger customers asking for an even more off-road-capable and agile Built Ford Tough midsize truck, revealing the new available Tremor Off-Road Package designed to help owners tackle even rougher off-road terrain without compromising Ranger’s payload and tow ratings. 2021 Ford Ranger Tremor goes beyond today’s already-capable FX4 Off-Road Package, making it the most off-road-capable factory-built Ranger ever offered in the U.S.

“Tremor gives Ranger customers a new level of off-road confidence and fun,” said Chad Callander, Ford Ranger marketing manager. “With increased ground clearance, off-road tuned suspension and aggressive Continental General Grabber tires, Tremor elevates Ranger’s off-roading capability even further while keeping the unique advantages that come with a cargo box for hauling gear anywhere.”

Tremor starts with a lifted suspension, redesigned front knuckles and 32-inch Continental General Grabber™ A/TX all-terrain tires on new 17-inch Magnetic-painted wheels that combine to deliver 9.7 inches of ground clearance – 0.8 inches more than the base Ranger SuperCrew 4x4.

FOX™ 2.0 monotube dampers with rear piggyback reservoirs and hydraulic rebound stops are tuned for a comfortable ride on pavement while offering control over severe terrain. The shocks are specially tuned with progressive rebound end zone damping to support vehicle control where the pavement ends. Front and rear springs are tuned for greater off-road composure. A multi-leaf rear spring setup enables increased wheel travel. Anti-roll bar stiffness has been reduced to minimize disruption over rough terrain and improve comfort off-road.

Tremor boosts Ranger’s off-road metrics, including a 30.9-degree approach angle, up 2.2 degrees from the base SuperCrew 4x4, a 25.5-degree departure angle, which is up 0.1 degrees and a 24.2-degree breakover angle, up 2.7 degrees. Compared to base Ranger, front suspension travel increases to 6.5 inches. Rear suspension travel increases to 8.1 inches. Together, these improvements mean customers can confidently tackle more challenging terrain on their way to their next epic destination.

Ranger Tremor includes a frame-mounted steel front bash plate and underbody skid plates, rear locking differential, Terrain Management System™ with four distinct drive modes and Trail Control™. Tremor’s traction control system is recalibrated for improved acceleration and traction in gravel, so customers can punch it in a washout with gusto.

Ranger Tremor comes with two new recovery hooks in the rear, in addition to the two up front. It takes a wider profile thanks to the Tremor-specific General Grabber all-terrain tires, wheels and wider wheel lip moldings. New hoop steps give Ranger Tremor additional off-road styling and functionality without sacrificing ground clearance.

Despite its improved off-road capability, Tremor maintains Ranger’s utility in everyday adventures with a smooth, comfortable on-road ride, plus 1,430-pound maximum payload and available 7,500-pound maximum towing capacity, so customers can haul bikes, boats, campers and other gear on their adventures.

Customers can now also control accessories like winches, lights and air compressors thanks to Tremor’s six-switch auxiliary power bank mounted to the dash with rated loads of 25 amps, 15 amps and 10 amps, plus three switches at 5 amps. “Ranger Tremor can be your daily driver during the week then transform into your off-road adventure vehicle come Saturday morning,” said Todd Eckert, Ford truck group marketing manager. “With its added off-road capability combined with the six-switch auxiliary bank and more than 200 Ranger-specific dealer-installed available accessories, Ranger Tremor is a very capable overlanding rig.”

Tremor adds new styling features inside and out. The grille features a Magnetic-painted surround with black bars running across the middle and red nostril accents in the corners. Special badging comes on both sides of the cargo box, and an optional hood and body graphics package adds extra personalization.

The stylish interior features seats with Miko suede inserts and “Tremor” stitched into the seatbacks, as well as black accents.

Ranger Tremor comes with the proven 2.3-liter EcoBoost® engine with 270 horsepower and best-in-class gas torque of 310 lb.-ft., paired to a class-exclusive 10-speed automatic transmission and standard 4x4 with electronic locking rear differential. “No matter if you’re on-road or off-road, your truck needs to be tough,” said Callander. “That’s why toughness is engrained in Ranger’s DNA throughout design, engineering and testing. Tremor gives you the added confidence to get to where you need to go because it’s engineered to the same standards you expect in a Built Ford Tough truck.”

The Tremor Off-Road Package is available on mid XLT and high Lariat series 2021 Ranger trucks with SuperCrew 4x4 configuration. Package pricing is $4,290 MSRP. 2021 Rangers equipped with the Tremor Off-Road Package will be built at Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne, Michigan, with production slated to begin early next year.

Ranger_Tremor_XLT_05.jpg

Ranger_Tremor_Lariat_12.jpg

Ranger_Tremor_180.gif

Ranger_Tremor_sand.gif

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Positive:

I'm glad to see that Ford has finally added the upfitter switches for accessories. I think it's a step above Chevy and Toyota's offerings.

Negative:

If enthusiasts were building this truck, it would have 33-inch tires on it. Ford needs to fit 33's.

It needs a front locking differential to compete and beat the other trucks on the market.

I don't like the name. 'Tremor' was a stereo package on the earlier Rangers.

I also think there will be confusion between the FX4 (which is Fords off-road capable model) and the new Tremor. I still think they should have called it a FX4 Level II so people know it's the upgrade over the base FX4.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
It looks like they installed the switches where the center trash tray on the dash is. Better use of that space.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Positive:

I'm glad to see that Ford has finally added the upfitter switches for accessories. I think it's a step above Chevy and Toyota's offerings.

Negative:

If enthusiasts were building this truck, it would have 33-inch tires on it. Ford needs to fit 33's.

It needs a front locking differential to compete and beat the other trucks on the market.

I don't like the name. 'Tremor' was a stereo package on the earlier Rangers.

I also think there will be confusion between the FX4 (which is Fords off-road capable model) and the new Tremor. I still think they should have called it a FX4 Level II so people know it's the upgrade over the base FX4.
Imo the tremor should be the FX4 and what you want should be the level II.

lvwill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
265/65/17
I honestly think that the fx2 and 4 should have come from the factory leveled with the fox package. Just look at the Tacoma they don't have the crazy rake that the rangers have. And yes the tremor definitely should be an fx4 level 2. And a front locker.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Whats the stereo like? Isn't the original ranger tremor just a sound system upgrade like amps and big subwoofers in the center console?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Whats the stereo like? Isn't the original ranger tremor just a sound system upgrade like amps and big subwoofers in the center console?
Unlike the old tremer the radio isn't really anything special now.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Then it's false advertising!

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Robertmangrum.rm

Wannabe Overlander
Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5 level kit with rear add a leaf appox. 1.5
Tire Size
305/70r17
My credo
Buy it, build it, and drive it like you stole it
Then it's false advertising!
The B&O sound systems on the higher end trucks sounds really nice and has factory amps. I didnt go that route but did test drive one with it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals