• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Now a good time for headers?

curtis73

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
94 B4000. Had to remove exhaust for a clutch job and (yay rust belt) busted the manifold flange bolts.

Having trouble finding a driver's side manifold with EGR. Should I just go with headers? How bad are the $250 kits on Amazon or Ebay?

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Is any cheap knock-off thing on ebay/amazon ever good? :ROFLMAO:

They are going to constantly leak, not fit right, be annoyingly loud in the cab, and cause you to loose mid range power. Even good headers are usually not worth it unless you've done other things that require more exhaust flow. Put an ad in the "wanted" section here on the forum and get the factory manifolds.

Just my two cents...

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Go with the headers.

We just put $120 Ebay headers on my oldest son's 65 Mustang 200-6. It was a split header, and we put dual exhaust on it. He was running a single exhaust from the old iron log that was open but with the baffles that my old '70s Harley keeps shooting out of the pipes. The car sounds so thick and awesome now...and has a lot more power. This old Mustang definitely has a lot more GO without the turd log. But that's a crappy old log manifold and your Ranger had decent manifolds. But still... You have to try it, right? What's to think about?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals