• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

General engine diagnostic question

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
I've been hesitating to write this letter because I've been afraid that, if I did, Petroleumjunkie would do everything in his power to make me hide in a closet. But after reading about Petroleumjunkie's bellicose missives, I could hesitate no longer. Before I begin, let me point out that Petroleumjunkie has offered to deter his idolators from subverting time-tested societal norms. Did he follow through with that? No, of course not. This failure may be Petroleumjunkie's most consequential broken promise. It suggests that perhaps Petroleumjunkie would have us believe that the key to living a long and happy life is to reconstitute society on the basis of arrested development and envious malevolence. To be honest, he has never actually said that explicitly, but if you follow his logic—what little there is—you'll see that this is his real point.

I won't pull any punches here: No approach to stopping Petroleumjunkie will benefit from the lemonade-like outpourings of aestheticizing literati and drawing-room heroes. Rather, stopping Petroleumjunkie requires people who can struggle unceasingly against Petroleumjunkie's unremitting stream of cacodoxies and slander. It requires people who understand that I used to think it would be possible to work out a compromise with Petroleumjunkie. Unfortunately, the terms that he insists upon are so entirely unacceptable and so much in contradiction with earlier agreed-upon points that one can conclude only that Petroleumjunkie keeps saying that the government should be beholden to special interests, campaign donors, and lobbyists. For some reason, Petroleumjunkie's groupies actually believe this nonsense. The recent outrage at Petroleumjunkie's dissertations may point to a brighter future. For now, however, I must leave you knowing that it does not require a Sherlock Holmes to prove that it would be a strategic blunder of epic proportions for him to create a regime of brash hooliganism.

I think we have an answer to your question.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
View attachment 43232
I think we have an answer to your question.
Parts of what follows below were actually painful to write. However, because of the ongoing misinformation campaigns launched by Snoranger and his apple-polishers I feel it is my duty to write this. The points I plan to make in this letter will sound tediously familiar to everyone who wants to bear witness to the plain, unvarnished truth. Nevertheless, no matter how imperfect our efforts, no matter how expedient ignoring our values may seem, we must nourish children with good morals and self-esteem. I could write pages on the subject, but the following should suffice. An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere. Keep that in mind the next time you catch Snoranger creating massive civil unrest.

Take, as an example, the way that Snoranger wants to devalue me as a person. Well, you should be able to live your life the way you want to live it. You shouldn't have to live in fear of Snoranger making bribery legal and part of business as usual. A rather fickle individual by my estimation, Snoranger has somehow managed to convince crapulous neurotic-types to prevent the real problems from being solved. This leads me to believe that Snoranger uses big words like “ultrastandardization” to make himself sound important. For that matter, benevolent Nature has equipped another puny creature, the skunk, with a means of making itself seem important, too. Although Snoranger's flimflams may reek like a skunk, Snoranger's hangers-on have been waxing stridently about teetotalism, Snoranger's homilies, and why Snoranger should encourage a deadly acceptance of intolerance. Meanwhile, I have been sheltering our children from inimical programming, materials, and lifestyles. What do I hope to achieve by doing such a thing? I hope to achieve widespread recognition that if Snoranger thinks that he can make me burst into tears then he's barking up the wrong tree.

Think about it. Snoranger's pack of brazen, crime-stained polluters seems to work on an inverse evolutionary principle. That is, the farther up you go, the more conscienceless you become. It's not like cream rising to the top of the milk bottle; it's more like turds floating to the top of the toilet bowl. Snoranger, as the most conscienceless of the lot, truly ought to cave in and admit that it is the difficult decisions, the ones that have consequences, challenge orthodoxies, bear risk, and threaten status that take real courage. It takes real courage, for instance, to focus on the major economic, social, and political forces that provide the setting for the expression of a sneaky agenda. That said, it is also the case that we need to keep our eyes on him. Otherwise, he'll publish blatantly empty-headed rhetoric as “education” for children to learn in school in the coming days. If that thought doesn't send chills down your spine then you are dead to the love of freedom. The rest of us are concerned that Snoranger has been trying to conceal his plans to create division in the name of diversity. Fortunately, the truth about his otiose fibs is spreading like a jungle fire. Soon, everyone will know that no matter what else we do, our first move must be to educate everyone about how mysticism has been a key ingredient in the vile stew that has nourished Snoranger's polity over the past few years. That's the first step: education. Education alone is not enough, of course. We must also bring the truth to light. I suppose another good option, though, would be to provide you with a holistic and thematic history of his thrasonical harangues. In either case, a surprisingly large number of malign blackguards consider Snoranger to be their savior. This overwhelmingly positive view of Snoranger is obviously not shared by those who have been victims of Snoranger's soliloquies or by those who believe that while Snoranger has been beating the drums of propagandism, I've been trying to show Snoranger how he is as wrong as wrong can be. In doing so, I've learned that groupthink and mob behavior are common within his brotherhood of malefic wackos. Hence, it isn't unusual for one who commits heresy against Snoranger's established dogma to be exiled from the community. The sad part is that these outcasts still refuse to believe that the reason I'm writing this letter is that Snoranger is—and I say this with no intended disrespect—disdainful. It's also true that his missives are unwise and untimely, but that'll have to be a subject for another letter.

Snoranger is the type of person who will trump up any lie for the occasion, and the more of a thumper it is, the better he likes it. Snoranger says he's going to deface a social fabric that was already deteriorating before long. Is he out of his predaceous mind? The answer is fairly obvious when you consider that I intend to look closely at his principles to see what makes them so effectual at inciting racial hatred. I should expect to find—this is a guess that I currently lack sufficient knowledge to verify—that difficult times lie ahead. Fortunately, we have the capacity to circumvent much of the impending misery by working together to break the news that some people are responsible and others are not. Snoranger falls into the category of “not”. That's all I had to say about Snoranger. I invite your comments, reactions, suggestions, and support.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
I am reasonably sure that Dirtman found a story generator site. Or really good drugs...

AJ

snoranger

TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Parts of what follows below were actually painful to write. However, because of the ongoing misinformation campaigns launched by Snoranger and his apple-polishers I feel it is my duty to write this. The points I plan to make in this letter will sound tediously familiar to everyone who wants to bear witness to the plain, unvarnished truth. Nevertheless, no matter how imperfect our efforts, no matter how expedient ignoring our values may seem, we must nourish children with good morals and self-esteem. I could write pages on the subject, but the following should suffice. An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere. Keep that in mind the next time you catch Snoranger creating massive civil unrest.

Take, as an example, the way that Snoranger wants to devalue me as a person. Well, you should be able to live your life the way you want to live it. You shouldn't have to live in fear of Snoranger making bribery legal and part of business as usual. A rather fickle individual by my estimation, Snoranger has somehow managed to convince crapulous neurotic-types to prevent the real problems from being solved. This leads me to believe that Snoranger uses big words like “ultrastandardization” to make himself sound important. For that matter, benevolent Nature has equipped another puny creature, the skunk, with a means of making itself seem important, too. Although Snoranger's flimflams may reek like a skunk, Snoranger's hangers-on have been waxing stridently about teetotalism, Snoranger's homilies, and why Snoranger should encourage a deadly acceptance of intolerance. Meanwhile, I have been sheltering our children from inimical programming, materials, and lifestyles. What do I hope to achieve by doing such a thing? I hope to achieve widespread recognition that if Snoranger thinks that he can make me burst into tears then he's barking up the wrong tree.

Think about it. Snoranger's pack of brazen, crime-stained polluters seems to work on an inverse evolutionary principle. That is, the farther up you go, the more conscienceless you become. It's not like cream rising to the top of the milk bottle; it's more like turds floating to the top of the toilet bowl. Snoranger, as the most conscienceless of the lot, truly ought to cave in and admit that it is the difficult decisions, the ones that have consequences, challenge orthodoxies, bear risk, and threaten status that take real courage. It takes real courage, for instance, to focus on the major economic, social, and political forces that provide the setting for the expression of a sneaky agenda. That said, it is also the case that we need to keep our eyes on him. Otherwise, he'll publish blatantly empty-headed rhetoric as “education” for children to learn in school in the coming days. If that thought doesn't send chills down your spine then you are dead to the love of freedom. The rest of us are concerned that Snoranger has been trying to conceal his plans to create division in the name of diversity. Fortunately, the truth about his otiose fibs is spreading like a jungle fire. Soon, everyone will know that no matter what else we do, our first move must be to educate everyone about how mysticism has been a key ingredient in the vile stew that has nourished Snoranger's polity over the past few years. That's the first step: education. Education alone is not enough, of course. We must also bring the truth to light. I suppose another good option, though, would be to provide you with a holistic and thematic history of his thrasonical harangues. In either case, a surprisingly large number of malign blackguards consider Snoranger to be their savior. This overwhelmingly positive view of Snoranger is obviously not shared by those who have been victims of Snoranger's soliloquies or by those who believe that while Snoranger has been beating the drums of propagandism, I've been trying to show Snoranger how he is as wrong as wrong can be. In doing so, I've learned that groupthink and mob behavior are common within his brotherhood of malefic wackos. Hence, it isn't unusual for one who commits heresy against Snoranger's established dogma to be exiled from the community. The sad part is that these outcasts still refuse to believe that the reason I'm writing this letter is that Snoranger is—and I say this with no intended disrespect—disdainful. It's also true that his missives are unwise and untimely, but that'll have to be a subject for another letter.

Snoranger is the type of person who will trump up any lie for the occasion, and the more of a thumper it is, the better he likes it. Snoranger says he's going to deface a social fabric that was already deteriorating before long. Is he out of his predaceous mind? The answer is fairly obvious when you consider that I intend to look closely at his principles to see what makes them so effectual at inciting racial hatred. I should expect to find—this is a guess that I currently lack sufficient knowledge to verify—that difficult times lie ahead. Fortunately, we have the capacity to circumvent much of the impending misery by working together to break the news that some people are responsible and others are not. Snoranger falls into the category of “not”. That's all I had to say about Snoranger. I invite your comments, reactions, suggestions, and support.
Fight me.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
From the sound in the video, what ever it is, it has a four banger. If it's a V6, something is seriously wrong with it.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
From the sound in the video, what ever it is, it has a four banger. If it's a V6, something is seriously wrong with it.
V6's can easily be converted into 4 cylinders.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Just pull two spark plugs?

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.
I am reasonably sure that Dirtman found a story generator site. Or really good drugs...

AJ
He found the former. Don't tease me with the latter.

It is a v6

snoranger

TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals