• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Coronavirus

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Damn... I just seen the news where in our county... the sheriff stated yesterday they would tell businesses about the governors orders but would not and in no way could enforce it. Seems a couple bar/restaurants were open last night.

I'm going to have to do a drive by today to see if all the businesses are open.

Looks like Game On...

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Damn... I just seen the news where in our county... the sheriff stated yesterday they would tell businesses about the governors orders but would not and in no way could enforce it. Seems a couple bar/restaurants were open last night.

I'm going to have to do a drive by today to see if all the businesses are open.

Looks like Game On...
When we "opened up" restaurants can only seat to half capacity to keep people apart... and most are still empty.

Just heard we lost one, they won't be reopening.

In other news my cousin got 5 butcher hogs for $50/head. Basically free haul away for the farmer (you have to pay rendering trucks to haul off dead animals)

Keep that up for a year and see where we end up though.

Last edited:

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
The "see I told you so" will be on both sides of this, lol

If there are spikes in an area then the stay closed side will say "see I told you so"
If there are low or limited spikes, the open up now side will say "see I told you so"

And then there are the deaths, 1 death, 2 deaths, 10 deaths, ect..........whats the "see I told you so" number?
People die every day, always have always will, and they die from something, could be "old age", or illness, I bet our traffic fatalities have dropped because of the lock down, work place accidents as well?
Whats the trade off number we will tolerate?
If its someone you know its, of course, 0

But you still have some control, well all of it really, reducing your chance of infection comes down to what you are willing to do to protect yourself
You can of course self isolate, but if you have to go to work or school then you can protect yourself by steps you take, inconvenient yes, but it is totally in your control

The majority of Heath care workers that are in daily contact with infected people manage to protect themselves
Just like the majority of people that drive avoid dying in an accident daily, accidents happen, but that's just "life"

So it is up to you not the local or federal governments, opening or closing doesn't matter in that.
I think 100% of the people are now aware of the danger, so point made, now its up to each of us to protect ourselves and our families by OUR ACTIONS, OUR CHOICES

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
There are people that want things open so they can gather, and people who want everyone to social distance.

With governments and law enforcement not applying and enforcing the recommendations of science and health care professionals, I'm curious to see if these groups will clash.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
They can't
While the "lets party" people will gather in groups the "social distancing" people can only watch "at a distance", so pretty ineffective clashing, lol

But yes there will be arguments and debates, everyone has their own idea of "whats best", ABOUT EVERYTHING
We all have our own little dictators inside just chomping at the bit to get out :)

My daughter doesn't want her son(my grandson) to play sports, afraid he will get hurt, it IS a valid point because he WILL get hurt, we all did, lol.
But I think the value of playing sports is worth the risk of injury, but if he should be severely injured...........
He is only 7 years old now, so I am still working on it :)

Everything has risks and rewards, we all have to weigh those personally and make our own decisions about it, everyday
I think I have talked her into letting him play baseball, he really wants to play, we will see if they have a league this year, and it is possible to social distance in baseball, no 7 year olds throw the ball that accurately, so no "close" calls at 1st or 2nd, or 3rd or home for that matter, lol

Last edited:

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.
I'm staying in my bunker.

I will continue to mask up, eat MREs, and avoid humans.

It's like any other Thursday , except I have a Mohawk now.

Yup.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
We know every science based recommended action based on science....based on the science.

There. As of this typing...is a 100 percent chance that if you are alive.

You are going to die.

And way sooner then I want to.

Because I never want to die.

I dont have an answer or the proper way forward.

I do know the great depression tales I grew up with, would have been fine by myself left in the past.

But....Titler
... Yeah...fawk Titler.

It's pretty simple. Stay hidden if you want to.

The rest of you go to work.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
All I know is, thank God the drive thru at Dairy Queen is still open. Nothing like sitting outside on a warm day with a nice breeze eating a Blizzard! 🤗

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Wish ours had a drive-thru, had to stand in a line, 6ft apart, outside in the heat to get my Peanut Buster Parfait
But it tasted that much better when I ate it :)

don4331

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My daughter doesn't want her son(my grandson) to play sports, afraid he will get hurt, it IS a valid point because he WILL get hurt, we all did, lol.
But I think the value of playing sports is worth the risk of injury, but if he should be severely injured...........
He is only 7 years old now, so I am still working on it :)
7! he should have at least 3 years of hockey under his belt as good Cdn kid. :D My kids have payed since they were 5 (my daughter is 17 and still plays "boys" hockey, my son at 22 now plays beer league with me). There's some baseball, soccer, cycling, dance and probably a couple other sports in there.

The health/social benefits of exercise/group activity far exceed the dangers of injury, IMHO.
Yes, they have both have had injuries, e.g. sprains & bruises, but they healed.​
Most of time, there are officials/parents to keep serious injuries from occurring.​

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I took him ice skating when he was about 3 or 4 because he liked watching hockey, live and on TV
He didn't like the falling down part, we went quite a few times, and he decided, no, he didn't like it that much
He likes skiing though, didn't even mind the falling down part, thought it was fun, lol

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
I am good with that

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
I’m a funeral director so I kind of pay attention to the numbers, if you catch my drift. The numbers say that unless you are elderly, have underlying health problems, live in a nursing home, or some combination of those things, it is very unlikely that you will catch the Corona virus and extremely unlikely that it will kill you. On the other hand it is definitely bad stuff because the regular flu doesn’t kill 12,000 people in NYC in three months. Just my opinion but if you’re at risk then take precautions. Everyone else, there’s a 99.5% chance that it won’t bother you.

BTW, I have two risk factors, diabetes and I take blood pressure medication. So I wear a mask when I go out. And I had a relative in another state die from it but like most he had other health problems.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Just one correction, anyone can catch and spread Covid-19, and won't know it for approx. 5 days prior to having symptoms
Once you have symptoms it may be mild or severe depending on age and health

Most flu's have 1 to 2 days before symptoms are felt, covid-19 spreads so fast and to so many because of delayed symptoms, you don't know you have it
Think of a normal day and how many people you come in contact with, then times 5, maybe 8 days
Can be as long as 12 days before symptoms, hence the two week(14 day) quarantines

Most people would stay home when sick, problem with covid-19 is that you will spread it and not feel sick for maybe a week, but damage done

Regular masks, even bandanas, help prevent the wearer from spreading covid-19, or any respiratory virus(i.e. common cold) for that matter, to other people by limiting the distance their exhaled breath, or cough, or sneeze, can travel
Thats why some places require people to wear masks, its not for your protection, its to protect everyone else from you, lol
And since there is no way to tell who has it, everyone is assumed to have it just not sick yet
The safer assumption

Covid-19 is not spread thru your skin and you can't "catch it" by skin contact, YOU have to put it in your mouth, nose or eyes
So mask also serves the purpose of you not touching your mouth and nose, and hopefully not eyes either, lol
Someone with covid-19 must touch their nose or mouth with fingers FIRST and then touch a smooth surface to leave it behind
And you can't get it this way IF you wash your hands BEFORE touching your mouth or nose or eyes.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals