• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Coronavirus

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.
Rusty, are you saying if the virus had originally come from India, you would blame them for eating their "weird shit", or South America cause some of their rural people eat monkeys ?
Where does the blame stop. Do you still hate Mexicans because the Swine Flu virus originated there ?
Do you eat sushi or raw oysters, cause to me thats "weird shit" You cannot blame a country or it's citizens for something like this, cause as I posted, it could have just as easily started here, maybe at the back of some old seafood restaurant in Michigan.
Grumpaw
Wasn't food that did it, it was keeping exotic species alive near one another in piss poor conditions until their parts were harvested for fake medicine.

And I agree that it could have started here. The difference is that we generally fix things that cause disease or problems with the public.

The Chinese do not.

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Rusty, are you saying if the virus had originally come from India, you would blame them for eating their "weird shit", or South America cause some of their rural people eat monkeys ?
Damn right i would. I call it how i see it. Wheather they ate it, used it for witch doctoring, whatever, its part of their culture that needs to be shut down, and shut down hard. For the good of humanity. Needs to happen anyplace their is stupidity like that going on.

Where does the blame stop. Do you still hate Mexicans because the Swine Flu virus originated there ?
I dont hate anyone. I can place blame without hate. The swine flu wasnt 1/10th what this is.

Do you eat sushi or raw oysters, cause to me thats "weird shit" You cannot blame a country or it's citizens for something like this, cause as I posted, it could have just as easily started here, maybe at the back of some old seafood restaurant in Michigan.
Grumpaw
No, i do not eat sushi, oyster, or anything else that belongs on a hook catching a bass.

If it started in michigan id be just as pissed at the jackass(es) that did something stupid enough to allow this to happen.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
All plants and animals, and even viruses, will become extinct, it can be caused by another species, like humans, or from changes in the environment, and that's written in stone, i.e. fossil records

But, they will be replaced, maybe even us, by another DNA strand that fits better into existing conditions, and that too is written in stone, newer fossils, extinct and then replaced

There were pandemics before China, so to blame a country or a group of people is contrary to the common good of learning how things work
Viruses will find a way, its in their DNA

As we like to say, "Nothing is Foolproof", there will always be a better fool to defeat it

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
All plants and animals, and even viruses, will become extinct, it can be caused by another species, like humans, or from changes in the environment, and that's written in stone, i.e. fossil records

But, they will be replaced, maybe even us, by another DNA strand that fits better into existing conditions, and that too is written in stone, newer fossils, extinct and then replaced

There were pandemics before China, so to blame a country or a group of people is contrary to the common good of learning how things work
Viruses will find a way, its in their DNA

As we like to say, "Nothing is Foolproof", there will always be a better fool to defeat it
While this is true....there is no reason to help them (viruses)along by doing stupid shit.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
While this is true....there is no reason to help them (viruses)along by doing stupid shit.
It’s stupid to us but they have been doing it forever.

The guy with a hankering for bat soup didn’t set all this off on purpose.

OldMan2

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Do your best to be your best.
Calling this virus a China virus has nothing to do with DNA, genetics or learning how things work.
China is a communists country, a sworn enemy, who may very well have released this virus upon humanity for their own political, economic, military, and domineering advantage.
The China "powers that be" care nothing about human life. They are willing to contaminate, sacrifice, or eliminate their own overgrown population if it will bring the China government closer to dominating the world. Releasing a bio-genetic virus upon it's population, while allowing them to travel outside of the contaminated area, and infect potentially the whole world, is not an unfortunate act of Mother Nature. It is intentional and rightly deserving the title China Virus. Place the name where you place the blame.

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
It’s stupid to us but they have been doing it forever.

The guy with a hankering for bat soup didn’t set all this off on purpose.
Its not just stupid to us. Its stupid to the civilized world.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
Calling this virus a China virus has nothing to do with DNA, genetics or learning how things work.
China is a communists country, a sworn enemy, who may very well have released this virus upon humanity for their own political, economic, military, and domineering advantage.
The China "powers that be" care nothing about human life. They are willing to contaminate, sacrifice, or eliminate their own overgrown population if it will bring the China government closer to dominating the world. Releasing a bio-genetic virus upon it's population, while allowing them to travel outside of the contaminated area, and infect potentially the whole world, is not an unfortunate act of Mother Nature. It is intentional and rightly deserving the title China Virus. Place the name where you place the blame.
No one released this on their population. Get your facts in order before repeating nonsense.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I see Michigan moved up to 3rd in the states with the most cases.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Single party regimes, like China's, seem to have an expire date, Russia's was the longest, it lasted 74 years before the soft revolution, end of the cold war
North Korea is at 71 years right now
China just celebrated its 70th year, so the count down begins

China's biggest problem is its inability to control world information coming in, it tries, lol
China's communist party was on its last legs in the 1970, then they turned things around by focusing on their economy(capitalist bastards!) and opening up alot more to trade, and 40 year later they were a world economic power, so they learn and bend but don't break, often not seen in dictatorships

I think any Political leader would step up for world domination, it plays to the ego that brought them to being a world leader
"Manifest Destiny" ring any bells, lol.
I think most of us KNOW exactly how everyone else should do things, "the same as I do things" because its "the best way to do things, period", so we all have that dictator inside, to tell our kids and friends "the RIGHT WAY" to live, but not our Wives............unless you are an Idiot :)

Everyone needs goals in life, why not world domination, good money in it I hear, I know the US spends alot of money on it every year, we don't call it that of course, need to be politically correct
But I am sure there are more that a few dollars spent on undermining Governments "we" don't approve of, like North Korea and China, we do like to spread ideas of freedom and capitalism, go get'em Coke and Pepsi, lol

If China wanted to release a plague on the west they wouldn't start it in China, lol, they may be Godless Communist but they are not idiots
And it would be spread by MONEY because that's all we worship, capitalist round eyes, lol

A country that did seem to react the best to the Covid-19 was Vietnam, of all places.
All non-resident arrivals to the country were taken to local hotels and accommodated at governments expense for 14 days
Residents were taken home for self quarantine and their names and address were posted so friends and neighbors would know they shouldn't be in close contact until after the quarantine time and if there were no symptoms
Also anyone who tested positive got their name and address posted so people who had contact with them would go get tested (that wouldn't go over here, but I thought it was a GREAT idea)
Breaking quarantine would get them Prison time and fines, charge is attempted murder, because I guess it is, lol
They currently have 212 reported cases and no deaths, crossed fingers
My nephew lives there and teaches English classes, he's the one that told me to check it out, he's teaching classes on-line from home as they are doing what we are doing

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Per Wikipedia hoarding supplies in Iran is punishable by death. I wonder how their TP aisle looks...

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.
Probably the same as their methanol asile?

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Let's stick to the pandemic that we're dealing with.

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
I see Michigan moved up to 3rd in the states with the most cases.
Yeah.

Almost every county has cases now. Except for a few way up north where no one lives anyways.

However something like 60-70% of all the cases here are centered in the detroit metro area and the surrounding counties. The county i live in (lenawee) has 18 confirmed as of about 5 minutes ago.

From what i read we *should* peak in late april.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
My state should hit 20,000 cases by tomorrow. 268 in my county.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals