• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Zero_Cool

1. 92 Ranger 4.0 L Harmonic balancer bolt torque specs

Hi if anyone would know this since I cannot seem to find a definitive source on the correct spec, I seen numbers from 80 ft/lbs- 115 ft/lbs I did see on the specs page for the ohv on the site here list this Crankshaft Pulley Bolts Torque in 2 steps [1st (30-37ft-lbs), 2nd (Tighten another...
  2. Catch Can or Oil separator setup for 4.0L OHV Ranger

Hi guys just a general question about running a catch can, or oil separator for the breathers on a 4,0l OHV out of a Ranger. I was just wondering what people's opinions on this were, and if anyone has done this before?
  3. Sending unit compatibility

Hi Guys just finished doing a 4.0L from a 92 Ranger swap into my 87 Bronco II and noticed that the fuel gauge from the ranger is not so compatible with the Bronco II sending unit. I did some research and it seems that the sending unit in 1988 & after Bronco II's changed the oms that it sends to...
  4. Bad clutch sensor

I have a 1992 Ranger 4.0 L just replaced the master clutch cylinder which also came with a new clutch sensor, now I am getting no crank, as well as the fuel pump does not seem to prime when I put the key to the run position. I would say these are related as when I was looking at my chiltons...
  5. What is the supposed to be connected to ?

I have this connector that goes from 2 black whites into 2 blacks which have been stripped at the ends, but i cannot seem to find it anywhere on my wire diagram in my manual https://goo.gl/photos/qiXxdmJ69wEmBmo19 https://goo.gl/photos/qiMiuKExkPqU5cNt5 https://goo.gl/photos/f1zwHKqqd2TFT3W88
  6. ECU Toast ?

I think my ecu on my 1992 Ranger is toast, I am getting a no start, and I have manually checked all my components to see if anything was toast, starter works, fuel pump works, all the relays work, fuses are fine the one thing that was not getting power is the plug for the clutch sensor (I have...
  7. Nothing happens when I turn my Key 92 Ranger 4.0l manual trans

Just recently got the motor rebuilt, and everything is hooked up but when I go to turn it over I am getting nothing on the key turn to start. I have checked all the grounds, they are good, starter checked it works, I tested the clutch sensor plug there is no voltage going to the plug, and the...
  8. Injector harness installation 92 Ranger 4.0L

Hi guys, I recently got the motor rebuilt, and I didn't take off the injector harness myself, it was the machine shop, and I am now trying to figure out how this damn thing goes back on. Does anyone have a video, or diagram as to which plug goes where, it would be much appriciated
  9. Upper intake bols/fuel rail bolts broken 92 4.0L OHV

The bolts that hold down the fuel rail and injectors, and also that tighten the upper intake manifold to the lower with the nuts broke, I was replacing the injectors and the reverse torx end snapped, would Ford have replacement bolts, does anyone sell new ones, or am I making a trip to the junk...
  10. Using 95 Mustang Cold air and MAF on 92 4.0L ?

I have a quick question, would it be possible to use a BBK Cold air intake from a 95 Mustang Fox Body with the Mustang MAF, as I am also going to be running 19lbs injectors, and headers no cats. or Would I have to switch the mustang MAF with the original 92 4.0L Ranger MAF ?
  11. Bushwacker Cutout fender flares installation help

Title says it all right now I am trying to install the rears(have fronts as well), but the instructions that came with these are a little hard to follow. The vehicle it is going on to is a 1987 Bronco II that I am restoring,and putting M5OD manual trans+4.0L from a 92 Ranger Is the a guide from...
  12. Custom tuning 4.0L from 92 Ranger

Hi guys just wondering if anyone has tried to do this, or is it at all possible I was hopeful with SCT as their website claimed that it was compatible, but after getting them to double check if it was, it was a definite no. So just wondering if anyone else has had any luck or knows a company...
  13. Need a new Mass Air Sensor ?

I heard that I will need a new mass air sensor for a 92 Ranger with 4.0L I am going to be running 30lbs injectors in it, and need a new mass air sensor that is calibrated for that application does anyone make them for the Ranger ? I am new to this so please, any help would be appreciated
  14. Question about using 30lbs injectors

I will be using some 30lbs injectors on my 92 RAnger 4.0L that I am swapping into my 87 BII, I have been told that you also need a calibrated Mass Air sensor to use the 30lbs injectors. My question is has anyone else done something like this, and if so where did you source your calibrated mass...
  15. Need a new Mass Air Sensor

I need a new mass air sensor for a 92 Ranger with 4.0L I am going to be running 30lbs injectors in it, and need a new mass air sensor that is calibrated for that application does anyone make them for the Ranger ? I am new to this so please, any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad