• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by zachis4wheeling

1. Factory radio kept cutting out so I put a new stereo in...still cutting out

Like the title says, I've been having some real frustrations with the stereo in my truck. Trucks an 87. Ever since I got the truck, the factory radio has never been really working right. It would be working fine for a while, and even though it sucks, at least I had tunes. I'd preset all my...
  2. 2.9 GURUs....help me...rough idle, random stalling then dead for good. Fuel Problem?

UPDATE 2/13/14! 2.9 GURUs....HELP! rough idle, random stalling then dead for good.... UPDATE- 2/13/14 Trucks an 87 reg cab, long bed, 4x4 2.9 5 speed I bought a new in-tank low pressure fuel pump, a new high pressure external fuel pump along with a new fuel filter and installed them all...
  3. 2.9 GURUs....help me...rough idle, random stalling then dead for good. Fuel Problem?

A little background: A year ago in April, I needed cheap transportation so i Bought the truck related to this post....an 87 Ranger regular cab long bed 4x4 5 speed with the 2.9 I drove it for about 4 months with no problems at all. Then the clutch disintegrated after a dumbass move on my part...
  4. 87 ranger - key wont go all the way in ignition after trans pulled.

Well considering other work I have done on vehicles, this makes me feel like an idiot to have to ask.....I'm usually pretty good at figuring things out, but this has got me stumped.....and I know it's probably something ridiculously simple. Here goes. I am in the middle of swapping a clutch...
  5. Questions regarding setting up a custom fuel system on a 4.0

I searched under "fuel pump", "fuel cell" and "fuel system" and found a little information here and there. I didn't find too much though. Here's what I am dealing with.... I have a 1991 ranger extended cab 4x4 with the 4.0. The engine is completely stock. About a year ago, I pulled the box off...
  6. 1350 / 1354 Manual parts swappability. In particular, the front output yoke.

Ok, I'm sure this has been gone over before. Or not. Anyways.... I'm working on collecting the correct parts for the doubler I'm putting in my truck. I have a 1350 Manual for the front case, and 2- electric shift 1354s. I really want a manual Tcase for the rear case though. I have access to...
  7. Anyone know where I can find a biga$$ shop manual for a 91' Rainjuh??

Like the title says.....I was seeing if you guys knew of anywhere. Guy at the Ford Dealer told me it's all on computers nowadays and I'm sorry, but that's just a pain in the ass to have to keeep running in and out of the house to check out the computer and get it all greasy. I still want a damn...
  8. spit shine polishing and cleaning the outside of your trans. housing....

So....like the title says.... Does anyone have any pointers, advice or info. on how to get the outside of their aluminum cased transmission to get it from looking like this.... to this..... ???? Any and all help is appreciated. I have already given it a good powerwashing, but I was...
  9. 91 Ranger 4.0 A4LD to M5OD R-1 Rebuild & swap...

As some of you may know, for the last couple years, I have been building my Ranger into the crawler type trail truck I want all at once. By doing this, it is taking a lot longer than other people's builds, and I'm not getting to wheel as much. I am trying to do this right and make it a reliable...
  10. Opinions on 07 & up Rangers -w- the 2.3/5 speed combo...

So here I am again, 3 in the mornin, half buzzed and postin up random stuff on therangerstation.......reminds me of back when I was 18... Anyways, I currently drive a 96 Z-71 with 350 so you can shoot me now. Well since I'm still alive, I'll press on. I plan to get rid of the Z in the next...
  11. Crawler/flexible rear suspension options....

So I'm gonna rip apart muh Ranger this weekend. Gettin started on puttin the tons under it. I'm thinkin out my options for the rearend. At first I wanted to inboard Chevy 63's or Toyota springs underneath the frame in the back instead of on the outside of the frame. From what I've seen on here...
  12. 93 ranger slammed -HELP-

X2 Scenario #1.....You sell the P.O.S. to some kid after ya do whatever stupid shit ya wana do to it. Something breaks on it. He goes lookin on the net for help. First thing that pops up on google is TRS. He finds this post since its in the 2wd/lowered suspensions posting area since whatever...
  13. An even crazier idea for lowering the back....

Well I was going to chime in on the post with a similar title that was already on here....but it got closed. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone on here knows anything about 1/4 elliptical suspensions...(the type of suspension where ya take the leaf pack, clamp it together close to the middle...
  14. Settin up caster for SAS's...

:icon_welder:I have a question about setting up the caster when ya do an SAS. I got a Dana 60 kingpin from an 87 F350 I'm planning on putting under my Ranger. I am not planning on using Ford Radius arms or anything with c-wedges at this time so setting up the caster will be a little more...
  15. Fawk doublers.....lets talk triplers.....

So enlighten me all you 100+ crawl club boys and possibly girls......whata ya think? Is it economically possible to set up a tripler with 3 BW 1350s or 1354s? For the guys out there who want to keep the stock drivetrain and try and run 44s and bigger???? I understand that anything is possible...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad