• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Xrundan

1. Xrundan

The gatorback serp belt replacement

Also, your cam shaft synchronizer can squeak and chirp, sounding just like a belt. Listen closely to be sure the noise is not coming from the rear of the engine, on passenger side. That's where your synchronizer is.
  2. Xrundan

Stumble in Idle on 3.0 Vulcan

Funny you mention that. I just looked around for a Motorcraft IAC for my '01 (I believe the part number is cx1851) and found one on Amazon for under $50. I thought that was a hell of a deal, but I am waiting for it to arrive and have "MotoCraft" stamped on it. We will see.
  3. Xrundan

Stumble in Idle on 3.0 Vulcan

Yeah, my Vulcan does the same thing. Mine, though, also has pretty strong hesitation during acceleration from time to time. Very annoying.
  4. Xrundan

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Brand new air and fuel filters. The fuel system cleaner is my next attempt. Sometimes it stumbles and feels like it wants to die right after startup. I thought about even replacing the fuel pump. Sounds like it works way too hard when priming.
  5. Xrundan

Cleaned EGR, MAF, and IAC. Truck still hesitates on acceleration. 😡
  6. Xrundan

Rodent issues

Leave your hood open when you park at the end of your day. The chipmunk feels safe and warm. If it no longer has the cover of the hood, he will find another home.
  7. Xrundan

New to rangers and the forum

Welcome aboard! You will get a lot of info here.
  8. Xrundan

Dash cameras

I bought a Rexing V1P for my wife's car, and I really like it. Has both front and rear cameras, and wifi connectivity to work with a phone app to quickly download videos. I recommend it.
  9. Xrundan

Installed new UCAs, LCAs and shocks.
  10. Xrundan

Did i get ripped off?

The truck is 2wd. I am just doing upper and lower oem replacement control arms at this point. I bought this as a work truck, so no plans for upgrades at this point. Thanks for the tips! It is the fleet interior, and it's in good shape. Just needs a cleaning. The body though is actually a...
  11. Xrundan

Did i get ripped off?

Good call on checking under the filler cap. I'll check that today.
  12. Xrundan

Did i get ripped off?

I recently purchased a 2001 Ranger with the 3.0 engine. The truck has just under 85k on the clock, and seems to run alright. I did notice that at idle it runs a bit rough. After getting it home, I noted terrible squeaking when I would turn. That prompted me to check the balljoints. All 4...
  13. Xrundan

Central Coast California, checking in

Thanks UG!
  14. Xrundan

Central Coast California, checking in

Hi all! After totalling my 92 GMC Sonoma (single cab, lowered) I was on the hunt for a new truck. I found a 2001 Ranger supercab with 84,000 miles, manual transmission, 3L V6. This truck is stripped down! More like a fleet truck with manual windows and locks, vinyl floor, and am/fm only...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad