• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by XD40SW

1. 98/97 Front End Swap

Hello, I’m working on my ‘97 Ranger. The previous owner hit a deer. It took out the grill, and both the headlights, and smashed up the passenger fender. I have a ‘98 that got T-boned a few years ago. The bed and back of the cab are destroyed, and the frame is bent but it has a pretty good...
  2. ‘98 Manual into ‘97 Auto

Hello, I just acquired a ‘97 4.0 4x4 ranger that has an auto trans with a pretty significant input shaft leak. I will probably change the seal and run it until it dies (myself and autos don’t last long together). However, I have a ‘98 4.0 4x4 with a 5-speed manual that got T-boned a couple...
  3. '91 Ranger STX A4LD..... Vacuum issues, Need advice

Hey everyone... I have a 91 STX (4.0 A4LD 4WD). I was driving along at about 55mph. The transmission didn't slip at all, I hadn't had any transmission problems before this. Then all of a sudden I heard a pop, then it started making a hissing sound. RPM's went way up, it just dropped out of...
  4. '91 Ranger STX Column Replacement

Hello, I have a '91 Ranger STX. It has a tilt column with cruise control buttons on the steering wheel. I need a new column, because when I got the truck the column had been broken around the ignition. It starts with a screwdriver, and I'm tired of it. None of the junkyards around my house...
  5. Ignition Switch Wiring/Bypass

I have a '91 Ranger STX. I got the truck for nothing from a friend, for putting a tranny in his '91 Ranger XLT. The truck was in pretty rough conditioin when I got it (3 different size bald tires, transfer case shift motor not working, completely worn out brakes all the way around, hard brake...
  6. Power Seat Not Working

I have a '91 Ranger STX. I got it for nothing and I've only had it a couple of months. I'm working on getting things functional again. The driver's side seat is a power seat, and it hasn't worked since I got the truck. I unplugged the power supply to the bottom of the seat and tested it and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad