• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by wynnespeed

1. rear end whining!

So the other day i changed my rear dif fluid in my 1995 with the 7.5, i used 80w90 gear oil and now its making a whining noise. I didnt not have that noise before i changed it and i rechecked if i had enough fluid and oil came out the fill plug like it should. i dont understand why this is...
  2. best chip for the money ???

i have a 95 2.3 and i was wondering who all have tried putting a chip on there truck. how did it work out? and what chip did you use... i know i know the 2.3 is'nt a beast and theres not a lot u can do to beef em up haha
  3. everything is wired but wont run

back in Dec. i couldn't figure out why my 2000 4.0 ranger wouldn't stop bucking... well it turned out i had a bad head. so i got this 4.0 from a 92 explorer (that my buddy had) and started the swap. turned out i had to use the 92 flex plate and had to mod the driver side engine mount bracket...
  4. 200 inline 6 ranger

So i have an extra motor that i want to do something with... so why not find a 1st gen ranger to be its home. its an old 200 inline 6 that came out of my fairmont. i think it would be cool to have it as a 4wd because with the torque from the inline motor should come in handy, motor mounts...
  5. differences in a 92 4.0 and 00?

besides one being obd1 and obd2 are there much that changed? im asking because my 4.0 in my 00 ranger has warped/cracked heads and my buddy is giving me a v6 from a 92 explorer. i going to use the intake from the ranger on the 92 engine. will there be any big issues wth this swap? thanks...
  6. howdy

Hey TRS members, I've been a member for bout half a year now but haven't really started getting on til lately, love the site. I've been getting great help and cool tips . Love math rangers. On my third one now my first love was my 84 2.3 5speed longbed, had to sell to get my 94 xlt extended...
  7. 4.0 missfire /bucking

So first off its a 00 ranger xl with. 4.0 with about 190000 miles. It all started about a week ago my fiance drove it hoe from work and said it was running bad so I checked it out, from a cold start it sounds OK at idle but with a slight miss, then when u put it in gear it really runs bad...
  8. cutting out the cat pros cons

i have a 95 2.3, a think the cat is starting to fail. when i start it in the morning it seems to have more power but after you drive bout 5 miles or so it seems like it dont have that same extra bit of hp. well besides it being illegal in most states what are the pros and cons. i live in...
  9. need help ! 2000 4.0 skipping/bucking

All spark plugs are new so are the wires. There all connected and nothing is loose plugs and wire wise. It doesn't skip bad at idle but apon acceleration it miss fires or skips pretty bad, my girlfriend drives the truck and she said it started kind of out of no where, I put heat in it but it...
  10. help! 2000 4.0 skipping/bucking

All spark plugs are new so are the wires. There all connected and nothing is loose plugs and wire wise. It doesn't skip bad at idle but apon acceleration it miss fires or skips pretty bad, my girlfriend drives the truck and she said it started kind of out of no where, I put heat in it but it...
  11. What else can i do to my 95 2.3 to restore power?

So ive done the normal tune up, plugs wires, pcv, air filter, oil oil fillter, . its an extended cab, it just seems like it doesnt have to power it should, idk maybe thats just the way these 2.3's are haha. Also it seems to be faster went you first start it up (before it reaches operating...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad