• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Wsewade

1. Wsewade

3.0 engine install, i have a question

Thanks, what I needed to know.
  2. Wsewade

First post, i got a new crate 3.0 and im taking everything off the old motor putting it on the new motor so im at the camshaft positioning synchronize

Yes, I double checked the TDC and it's perfect. The point on the timing chain cover points to 0 on the balancer, the crank sensor is at the letters TDC on the balancer. The sync unit is at 38 degrees with the prong in the middle of the cutout, every thing looks good.
  3. Wsewade

3.0 engine install, i have a question

I'm finally installing the fresh 3.0 in my ranger. After lining it up with the transmission, do I put the nuts on the torque converter through the flywheel first, or do i bolt the trans to the block, loosely, then turn the flywheel to align the TC bolts. I've looked all over the internet and...
  4. Wsewade

First post, i got a new crate 3.0 and im taking everything off the old motor putting it on the new motor so im at the camshaft positioning synchronize

Thanks so much, I knew I was close since I had the bolts in the tray labeled timing chain cover. Just couldn't remember.
  5. Wsewade

Thanks for the info, I aligned mine by having someone rotate the crank shaft while I was watching the piston with a flashlight through the spark plug hole untill It stopped moving up, then looked at the degree marks on the balancer to see the 0 degree mark lines up with the point in the timing...
  6. Wsewade

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Got my new long block ready to install, except for 2 bolts I don't know where they go, and I have two bolt holes, that those bolts don't go in. The bolts are odd, 8mm with a 17mm head, any idea ?
  7. Wsewade

Thank you for your help, I can tell you are an encyclopedia of information with you mechanical knowledge. Not to many people out here to go to. I've got one more thing. I've got a place for two bolts and I have two bolts left, but I'm pretty sure these are not the bolts that go in these holes...
  8. Wsewade

My sync unit came with one in the box. But I bought a set of them for various applications for only $10.95. Rockauto.com. I live in a rural area, parts store is an hour away, I order everything, I get to choose what quality I want and the manufacturer. And it's all ways in stock, takes 3 to 5...
  9. Wsewade

Just learning how to use the site, I saw the pics showing the 38 degree then i responded before I read the thread. Thanks for the educated response. It makes a lot of sense. The alignment tool that came with the sync unit holds the tab just off the center of the cut out. Would it be better if I...
  10. Wsewade

Hi im Wes

Like a lot of you here I do most all my own mechanic work to my trucks, and I have six, Ford's Chevy and Dogdes.. I also buy and sell a few occasionally. Also I work on boats, it's always a learning experience and sometimes i need advice. So I'll share what I know, and I'll ask what I need to...
  11. Wsewade

I guess that was the title, so I'm at the CPS looks like a distributor without wires, I'm putting it in a new long block so I have no reference marks. I've read many threads, but I have yet to find any information, installing a CPS in a new motor. Ive tryed the 75 degree install with the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad