• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Wireman20

1. Wireman20

Rear Pinion Seal Replacement

8-14 inch pounds. We are done here.
  2. Wireman20

Rear Pinion Seal Replacement

I have a 2003 FX4, Level II. The rear pinion seal is leaking. I have the seal but before I replace the leaker I would like to know what Ford wants the "Used Bearing" preload to be. Thanks, Richard.
  3. Wireman20

Tasteful mods / updates

One gauge you do not see often used "in cab" is a fuel air ratio gauge. I installed one in my '89 and loved the info it gave. I now have a 03 FX4 and still have the gauge. It will go in a door post pod.
  4. Wireman20

Stock 4.0 sohc low boost turbo

I watched the "Photo Mikes Garage" video you sent. Totally agree with him.
  5. Wireman20

3.0 plus turbo- Info Wanted

When I had the '51, I also had a 65 Chevy station wagon donor car. I pulled the recirculating ball steering box from the Chevy and replaced the “pin and worm” unit in the jeep. The 235 from the Chevy went into the jeep. I also had a 1960 FC-170. I moved the axles and trans/transfer case from the...
  6. Wireman20

Stock 4.0 sohc low boost turbo

I have seen the breakdown on the amperage it takes just to keep up with an engine's intake air volume with a 12volt motor. It is catastrophic! Are the leads to the twinkie motor about #4 copper? They need to be. Here is a fun video to watch on this topic: Start at the 7:25 point in the video.
  7. Wireman20

That is a darling old Willys. What year? I had a '51 in 1973.
  8. Wireman20

Why were Manual Locking Hubs ever put on a Vehicle? Why are they still installed on the real work trucks like F-350's and up? "Flexibility". Who does not like having options? (I wished I knew how to show you's a video I have on my phone of what I have described below) I needed to push a...
  9. Wireman20

I kind of hate to go down this road again, but here goes, Why were Manual Locking Hubs ever put on a Vehicle? Why are they still installed on the real work trucks like F-350's and up? And the third Question: Why were they removed from the option list?
  10. Wireman20

I am Satisfied with the power, I was mostly after the torque. I have a spare 4.0 OHC in the the engine stand with only 15K on it. I am going to wrap it in plastic and store it away This one runs perfect.. I am an Older Guy, and I do like the flexibility of Manual hubs. I have all the parts on...
  11. Wireman20

I kept trying to justify the 3.0 turbo idea and in the end just lived with it as is. Then last summer along came a very nice '03 FX4/Level II. It had no Cam Chain noise and is a very nice Black Truck, Auto tranny and 154K. The '99/ 3.0 is gone. To make the switch cost a difference of $3500. I...
  12. Wireman20

2000 Pulse Hub into a 2003 Non Pulse Hub steering knuckle.

Hi Don, Thanks for this answer. I have ordered the new 1999 axles and hubs so I will be able to install the AVM hubs.
  13. Wireman20

2000 Pulse Hub into a 2003 Non Pulse Hub steering knuckle.

I just replaced a 1999 4x4 Ranger with a 2003 4x4 Ranger. I want to install manual hubs on the 2003. (I know all about the weaknesses of this hub design) Is the steering knuckle for the 1999 4x4 and the 2003 4X4 the same unit so that a 2003 knuckle will accept a 1999 wheel bearing assembly? I am...
  14. Wireman20

4.0 SOHC into a 1999 Ranger, Stick

Thank you for the direction to fs1.com. In the mean time I began pursuing getting a newer ranger with the 4.0L SOHC. Found a real sweet 2003 FX4 Level II that I am picking up this evening. Thanks again.
  15. Wireman20

4.0l SOHC freewheeling or interference engine

I picked up SOHC motor to do a swap in my truck last summer. the cam chains had jumped. Every valve had made an imprint on the piston tops and every valve was bent.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad