• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by win

1. win

Show us your 2019-2020 Ford Ranger

Made my own "kit". Hand cut new grooves on a set of FX4 front shocks to lower the spring seat 1.25" Had the rear springs re-arched by 3"at a local spring shop. Used 3 1/8" spring perches, new 2 1/2" u-bolts and a set of Jeep spring plates to flip the axle. With the new spring plates on top of...
  2. win

Navigation & Sirius question

Yep, have added nav to my non-Sirius, completely separate systems. Ford lands a full set of maps in the Sync3 then uses GPS, no wi-fi or cell connection is needed for the nav.
  3. win

5.0 swap, 00 Ranger and 97 Explorer

05/97 5.0 likely does not have PATS so that's a plus. Will also likely have a lower pressure fuel injection w/return system so a few challenges there. Think the a/c wiring might be a challenge. The brakes should be fine moving to the 8.8 disk brake axle. Early '97 will also likely have a...
  4. win

Suspension upgrades?

2019's, yes. Guess I should have said 2" higher at the rear wheel arch. The front arches are only marginally higher than std. With the additional rake, the FX4 tail gate is even higher. One thing that has puzzled me, Ford Parts clearly differentiates the "special" FX front suspension bits...
  5. win

Suspension upgrades?

I am not sure that is the case. My wife's FX4 sits 2" higher, and does not share rear spring part numbers with std 4WD springs. I purchased a pair of 4WD rear springs for my RWD and found they DO share the same part number as my RWD. So yea, I bought, and shipped in, a pair of exactly the...
  6. win

98+ 2wd headers

No
  7. win

Show us your 2019-2020 Ford Ranger

Probably not everyone's cup o' tea. 2/4 drop, WildTrak roof rails, DiamondBack w/power locks and auto lighting. Truck works for a living and dropping it makes bed, cabin and roof access so much easier. Tailgate is the better part of 10" lower than my wife's FX4.
  8. win

Suspension upgrades?

Rancho's RS999333 just need some aluminum 12mm x 16mm x 40mm sleeves to slip right in. With the external adjustment knob, can dial in the shocks to suit. Their 5000 and 7000 shocks can also be used. Except for the dimensions of the inner metal sleeves on the bushings the 98 - 04 Nissan...
  9. win

Ford performance upgrade

Nope, a oiled cotton ait filter, a hand held OBD unit and a s/w license to flash the PCM with the hand held. The Roush kit includes a different air filter box but is otherwise very similar except for the $$$ for the box and name.
  10. win

Ford performance upgrade

Apples to oranges -- 45 hp gain with 93 octane fuel over stock with 87 octane. Like the Roush kit, only about 15 hp gain over stock 93 octane adaptive. The warranty is a plus, as is the handheld but still a lot of $$ for the gain. Levittown Ford Parts has great price, but availability is...
  11. win

Want a nicer radio in this thing

Not too difficult, can buy complete kits for $$, or source used APIM, screen and bezel). Maybe 30 mins to install. Download Forscan, pay for the 12 month license and configure as needed
  12. win

2001-up Ranger VSS after 5.0 swap

Have read the Expo G-Force sensor needs to be included with the ABS module for the Expo solution to work.
  13. win

99 ranger 2wd 5.0 engine swap

Swap the AWD 4R70W out for a RWD version, or, swap the tail cone and output shaft to convert the transmission to RWD only. Crown Vics, Marquis, Town Cars, even V8 'stangs use the 4R70W so easy to find in RWD form
  14. win

Adding limited slip to rear axle??

Had not found the GM connection, makes for a wider net to cast for info. With the Canyon/Colorado duo on the road as long as they have, might have more luck. Most of the Jeep info is HD locker related, not daily street limited slip stuff. Thanks!
  15. win

Considering a V8 swap

96/98 dual fuel line Expo 5.0 -- Best EFI and ignition Ford ever paired with the 302. Only needs 6 or 7 wires between body and engine to work. AFR heads, decent cam, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, torque monster headers. Dial fuel pressure up till EFI has trouble keeping fuel ratio at...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad