• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by wildbill23c

1. wildbill23c

Are bronco 2 really prone to flipping easily?

I wouldn't mind getting another one, but I sure wouldn't be paying $16k for one....more like maybe $2-3k at most regardless of condition. They're not worth no $16k, they're 30 years old, the support for them is long gone, and wasn't really existent even when they were in production. If I got...
  2. wildbill23c

Are bronco 2 really prone to flipping easily?

Well first off $16k is about $14k too much regardless how pretty it looks...its still 38 years old with a lot of worn out parts and hard to get parts sometimes. After having 2 Bronco 2's, and 84 and an 87, I wouldn't pay more than a couple thousand bucks for one, knowing all the work that'll...
  3. wildbill23c

2024 Ford Ranger Raptor

I was never impressed with the Tacoma in the first place....one of several over-hyped trucks out there...wasn't comfortable, was cramped, very underpowered, and worse fuel economy than my 08 Toyota Tundra got...the Tacoma might do fine on flat ground but in the hills and mountains they are...
  4. wildbill23c

2024 Ford Ranger Raptor

May as well put an LCD big screen TV on the dash...that touch screen is ridiculous. Talk about 100% distracted driving. No wonder today's headlights are so bright, its to help overcome the night blindness from having those stupid touch screens glaring in your face all the time. Disappointed...
  5. wildbill23c

Daihatsu Rocky x2

The Dodge Raider was imported by Mitsubishi as was the Dodge D50 pickups, they were just re-badged with Dodge stickers instead. The D50 was the Mitsubishi Mighty Max pickup.
  6. wildbill23c

Daihatsu Rocky x2

The offroaders would love to get their hands on those little SUV's. Probably similar to the Suzuki Samurai's too.
  7. wildbill23c

89 B2 diesel build thread

Interesting engine swap. I know the Rangers had a diesel option for a few years in the 80's but they were so gutless they were not very popular, nor are the parts for them from my understanding, but they got great fuel economy. I don't think the Bronco 2 ever got the diesel they just had the...
  8. wildbill23c

First look at a 2024 Ranger

Too expensive, too many doors, and the bed is too short...I like the 7 foot bed on my 87 Ranger...a 6-1/2 foot bed and regular cab or extended cab would be acceptable, but that 4 door useless 4 foot bed crap has got to stop, as well as the astronomical prices. I picked up a 99 F250 Super Duty...
  9. wildbill23c

Rear ABS got anything to do with A4LD transmission?

Welcome to the normal A4LD crap transmission world. Most likely a valve body issue, or some failing seals in the transmission itself, outside of a complete rebuild nothing you can really do to fix it either unfortunately....possibly some of the various snake oil fixes might help a while if its...
  10. wildbill23c

Coolant Temperature

The cluster on my 87 Ranger is pretty wonky most of the time too, fuel and temp gauges are never right...aftermarket coolant temp gauge is pretty much a must for these trucks as they get even older, and more electrical gremlins show themselves. I run a lower temp thermostat, I'd rather have...
  11. wildbill23c

What did YOU do today?

Thanks, hoping for many years of employment at this company. I'm 41, I need something stable with good income and healthcare at least. I'll have to figure out the retirement stuff when I get bills caught back up again. I can already feel less stress knowing I now have an end date at my...
  12. wildbill23c

What did YOU do today?

More like what I did yesterday LOL. Started the morning off by finishing up my onboarding paperwork for a new job. Took it down and turned it in. Then went about my day LOL. Finally after almost 7 years being stuck at McDonalds working again, I finally was able to land a better paying job...
  13. wildbill23c

For Sale FS *Price drop* 1988 Black Ranger XLT 4WD Auto Rare Eddie Bauer Edition

That truck would have the 2.9L V6, and the dreaded A4LD automatic transmission.
  14. wildbill23c

New to me!

Nice swap. Looks to be something along the lines of a dual sport bike that can be used on or off-road? Sorry don't know much about motorcycles.
  15. wildbill23c

2.8 cologne fuel pump

Like just about everything on these RBV's you need to be quadruple jointed, along with your tools to get to a lot of stuff. No need to drain the oil, they leak it enough on their own, but the fuel pump sits up on the block high enough that it doesn't interfere with the oil level in the oil...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad