• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Wilcox

1. Stopped at intersection??

OH MAN OH MAN you guys are the best. Shran you nailed it. Of corse I started at the hardest spots. But I had replaced the ground cable a couple months ago and the small ground fell against the alternator fan blades and cut it in half instantly killed power. Always learn alot from you guys thank...
  2. Stopped at intersection??

Not old plug but obd plug.
  3. Stopped at intersection??

I do not here click at relay on right fender, there is 3 of them. Dose anyone know witch relay dose what. I tested inertia switch seems fine. I have looked and looked for old plug but do not think my 88 has one atleast have not found one.
  4. Stopped at intersection??

I was able to swing metal cover plate out enough to get to the fuel pump and the pump has no rubber boot for power leads but a actual gray plug that i Have not removed yet. To remove plug you have to unbolt pump and pull away from frame. The top most forward bolt on the cover plate will not come...
  5. Stopped at intersection??

Thank you guys I will try all above and let ya know what I find. Thanks again
  6. Stopped at intersection??

Ok So I sprayed starter fluid in to intake and she funs for a second or two, so must be fuel pump??? On drivers side frame rail on my 1988 ranger closest to engine is the fuel filter then heading back a plate that says high pressureized fuel system then another cover plate farther back. Is that...
  7. Stopped at intersection??

Before I tear in to it. Got towed home and I can't here fuel pump, it cranks and cranks with no start. It just died in in the intersection, did not stumble like ran out of gas just died. Any suggestions were to start. Thanks for any suggestions.
  8. Transfer case fluid

This chart is not very good for the older 1988 models. Not much info for rear axel or manual trany.
  9. Whats it called

On my 1988 4 speed with overdrive the back of transmission does not have a seal. It has an open bearing that gear oil flows threw and allows oil to get to shifter. Yes I found the transfer case gasket thanks for the name of it. Yes the transfer dose have a sealed bearing stopping trany fluid...
  10. Whats it called

The gasket between the transfer case and the manual transmission???? Anyone know.
  11. Transfer case fluid

Lots of different answers on this. What should I use and how much in my aluminum 1988 soft touch engagement transfercase. What's the best and kind of fluid and how much is typical. Thanks guys.
  12. Trany fluid6th

Has anyone used royal purple synchromax in there MANUAL transmission?
  13. Trany fluid6th

Yes must be the Toyo has the flat pan with drain. It did have gear oil in it. I was just wondering if running a synthetic trany fluid would make it shift smother. What w gear oil is recommended for trany and what would be the best for transfer case. Thanks for responding guys. THANKS. THIS...
  14. Trany fluid6th

I have herd that if you use synthetic trany fluid in your manual 5 speed it's better than using 90w gear oil. Is this true?
  15. Whats tube for

Yes its an 1988 2.9 fi. Will be taking to eastern wa. Roads are very dusty. Think I should cap off in air box and eliminate the tube?? Have not had any problems with cold start especially when tube is flat, must not have been working anyway.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad