• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Whitbread

1. B3000 TDI swap

Got the boost up to 58psi now that the engine has some miles on it. I'm very happy overall with the fresh setup. The high pressure turbo is just a tiny bit lazier than I wanted below 2krpm, but we'll see if some further tune tweaks help at all with timing changes. Worst case, there's a 3mm...
  2. B3000 TDI swap

3. B3000 TDI swap

Sooooo a lot has happened since I last posted here. Truck was getting used and abused and having buckets of fun with. About 9 months ago, the original junkyard sourced unopened engine started pressurizing coolant. I was already putting together a fresh built motor as oil usage was increasing and...
  4. B3000 TDI swap

The truck is up and running! It was 110% worth it. It is soooooooo much better to drive now. This is proper work/play gearing for a truck and how it should've been from day 1. First gear dropped from 3.7 to 4.45, reverse from 3.4 to 4.0, and low range from 2.48 to 4:1. I had to modify the cross...
  5. B3000 TDI swap

Thanks for the kind words guys! I didn't quite get the trans in today, but I did get the leaking vacuum/fuel pump resealed, leaking water neck o ring changed, and adapter kit/starter all installed and torqued up. Trans is going in first thing in the morning! The black hole Resealed vac/fuel...
  6. B3000 TDI swap

Bronze rail guide fit like a charm! Time to drag the truck in the shop!
  7. B3000 TDI swap

All the parts are ready to swap the nsg370/241OR in the ranger! I sold the ranger transmission/tcase and ford 4L adapter kit off with all the spare parts so it's time to get busy. The last part I had to make was the shift rail support for the jeep trans. The factory setup has molded plastic on...
  8. B3000 TDI swap

Scored a jk Rubicon transfer case to go with my nsg370 for $600! Also got a pair of 1310 yokes and a front driveshaft in a box kit from JE Reel Driveline when I was in LA last week. Getting closer!
  9. B3000 TDI swap

Cost. I actually wanted go run a jeep liberty 2.8L as it's a much heavier duty engine. But I found a cheap BHW passat motor first. So I went that route. What data do you want to see? Yes, if you look closely, the bellhousing is notched for the starter pinion. No problems since.
  10. B3000 TDI swap

Finally collected all the pieces to rebuild my nsg370 for the ranger. My "good condition" core turned out to be total junk, but it's brand new now basically. New reverse, 1st, and 2nd gears, new reverse syncro hub/sleeve, new 1-2 sleeve, new shaft bearings, and carbon tech full syncro kit. Now I...
  11. B3000 TDI swap

Howdy folks! I needed a 4wd replacement for my mechanical tdi swapped VW Rabbit pickup, so after some hunting I found a 2000 Black B3000 5 spd 4x4 down in San Antonio TX for a good deal. Got lucky that I had a friend down there for work and he was able to pick the truck up on Thursday and drive...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad