• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Wheelwright

1. Battery cable?

I have a 2011 XLT, 4wd, 5s, with AC. I Need a positive battery cable, and they've been DC'd. Ford part number is AL5Z14300C No one seems to have one, and I can't find an aftermarket version. Even a replacement terminal clamp would work, as long as it had the drop down the side of the...
  2. Pedal bracket replacement?

Somebody. Anybody. Is there a way to replace the pedal bracket without pulling the brake booster, or stripping the whole dash? I got the switches off the pedals, got all the bolts out including the unreachable two at the top, and the fucking bracket won't clear the brake booster pushrod...
  3. Clutch interlock switch bushing.

The clutch/ start interlock switch that sits on top of the master, under the clutch pedal. The clutch rod runs through it, and is attached to the pedal with this little double-acting bushing. As I found out, if this little bushing slips halfway off, your clutch rod travel is reduced, and you...
  4. Unrelated electrical failures.

Halle-froggin'-lujah. Fuse #20 in the passenger footwell fuse box. Conveniently labeled with a list of all the things that were acting hinky. 10A, blown like a birthday candle.
  5. Unrelated electrical failures.

I have a 2011 fx4, 5s 4wd, ~110k all stock. Yesterday I replaced the clutch interlock switch (and then unreplaced it), replaced the reverse light switch (on the transmission), and adjusted the parking brakes (two turns each side). Doing this, I disconnected the LH oxy sensor, the reverse...
  6. 2011 4wd isn't engaging.

I have a clean 5s 2011, with ~90k on it. I've put about 20k on it in the last year, almost all highway driving. I noticed after I got it, that the 4wd didn't really want to engage. It did when I test drove it, but changed its mind after I got it home. The switch made the 'click' that it...
  7. 2011 Canadian ranger question.

I have a 2011 XLT/sport that was originally sold in Canada. It's a replacement for my rolled/dead 2008 fx4, and I like it very. Two questions. Simple ones, I hope. There's a standard three-wire appliance plug that hangs behind the left tow hook. It's got a weather cap on it, and the wire...
  8. Late-model engine swap?

So has anyone ever done a v8 swap into a 2011? Like to share your experiences?
  9. v8 swap in a 2011 ranger?

A 2011 wouldn't have been my first choice for a recipient, but a patch of black ice turned my '08 into scrap, and I had to have something on very short notice. It's much harder than I expected to find a 5s, 4wd, supercab, with a limited slip axle, and a really clean '11 was where I found it...
  10. Transmission options?

I have an '08 FX4, no lift, standard tire diameter, with a 5speed. I'm starting to hunt for parts for a 5L conversion. The later-model engine is a no-brainer, just because I have no wish to d*ck about with wiring, and the OBD-II motors seem to pretty much plug in. Note that I said "pretty much"...
  11. synchromax in mitsubishi?

I just filled my Mitsubishi trans with RP synchromax. The fluid that came out was awful thin for 80-wt, and very clean. Plug had very minimal fuzz, and the rig is going to be used mostly on the road. Am I courting a transmission blowup?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad