• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by WesB

1. Exhaust smells like turpentine

Anyone have any idea why my exhaust would smell this way? I know that my truck runs rich due to a bad computer/carb combo and that I need to do the duraspark conversion, but I wouldn't think it would smell like that. I know rotten eggs out of the exhaust would be a bad cat, but the truck had a...
  2. What do these engines rev too?

I installed a tach this last week on my B2. Last night was the first time I had driven it with the new tach installed (it's my toy, so I only drive it about once a week). I floored it to see what it revved to and at full throtle I shifted at 3800 rpms. That seems really low to me. Do these...
  3. Front crank seal leaking

Just as the title says. I bought my bronco last April, and realized it had a small leak around the front crank seal, but it has persistantly gotten worse. I had figured it had somewhat dried up b/c the truck only had a few thousand miles since the engine rebuild. I was told high milage oil has...
  4. Think its time to change my fluids.

I have the stock 28/7.5 axles on an 84 B2 and was wondering what fluids would be good to use (lucas/royal purple or just regular gear oil) and how much for each axle so I know how much to get. Also what gaskets or just use rtv silicone? Thanks in advance Wes
  5. Little C5 Help Please...

I noticed when I went to the offroad park on Feb 19 that at the end of the day, going up steep hills the trans started slipping then catching and so on. I don't drive my truck very much and have only put 50 miles on it since then, but decided to take my daughter out today after school and it did...
  6. Little C5 help please...

I noticed when I went to the offroad park on Feb 19 that at the end of the day, going up steep hills the trans started slipping then catching and so on. I don't drive my truck very much and have only put 50 miles on it since then, but decided to take my daughter out today after school and it...
  7. Anyone have an Optima Battery?

I have one in my B2 (in ther when I bought it), and it's just over 3 yrs old, but now it's not holding charge overnight. I'm hopefully going to get it tested tomarrow, but was just seeing if that's as long I can expect it to work. If i jump it off my autometer volt guage starts at 12v then goes...
  8. Little different look for the gen 1/2 tails

I did this to my 84 B2 just to add some flare. I did this out of bordom so don't flame me too much. I used duct tape, and some flat black spray paint i had lying around (sprayed into a little cup) and a brush. Basically made sure it was taped real good and brushed it on so it's not the...
  9. 84 Bronco II restomod.

I bought this truck April 2010 from a friend who inherited from his grandfather. When I picked it up it had 47K original miles and my friend already had the engine rebuilt, custom interior, and a crap paintjob to keep it from rusting.
  10. C5 shifter problems after 3"bl

Today my trans was acting wierd after 3"bl. In drive it was acting like it was skipping between drive and neutral. I made it home and when I got on my street and hit a bump it jumped to into neutral. So I shifted into 2 and that locked it into drive. Once I got to the garage I shifted to 1 to...
  11. Questions about body bushings and filler plate after body lift

Well one of the bolts locked up in this nut/bushing contraption and now I need a new one. :annoyed: So does anyone know how to get this nut out? http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa76/WesB_photos/Picture009.jpg And I want to make a filler out of sheetmetal or aluminum (not diamond plate)for...
  12. Exploder springs on B2, have questions

I am hoping to get to the junkyard soon to get some exploder rear springs to replace my sagg suspension. My question is, is there any particular model or year to look for to give me the best lift? I already have the front springs/swaybar. Thanks in advance Wes
  13. saggy rear suspension

I'm sure my rear springs are kinda saggy as they are 27yrs old, but I have a feeling that my rear shocks are crappy and also allowing the rear the sag. Is it feasable or is it just my springs? I am planning on upgrading to explorer rear springs (when I get a chance to go to the junkyard), but...
  14. Rangers of Texas meet Feb 19

The guys over at www.rangersoftexas.com are gonna have an offroad meet at Bridgeport, Tx (nortwest park ohv). For more info check out the page at http://z11.invisionfree.com/Rangers_of_Texas/index.php?showtopic=337&st=0
  15. Spring swap

Wasn't anything special, just some exploder front springs that I bought off Kolton (thanks bud). It did give me a small lift, but more importantly stiffer springs so that my tires quit hitting my fenders. last pic is for comparison.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad