• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by waterran

1. Electronic Engine Control - IV Pin diagram

Hello, I have a factory PCM pinout diagram for my 1992 R10...Ranger.
  2. 2.3l Lima turbo kits

If you stay near 7 lbs., the top mounted style 'cooler, as FORD used will be ideal. As previously mentioned, just louver the hood. Keep the intake air short and cool and this will help underhood temps will stay lower also. A VW/AUDI 'cooler as shown may work for you. You can find them on ebay...
  3. 3.0 Doesn't Get Up To Operating Temp After Coolant Flush

Solved? Air pocket? raise the front of vehicle off the ground. If air is pocketed somewhere, this will help vacate it. We used to do it on the French Simca cars.
  4. 2.3l Lima turbo kits

You can buy a NEW turbo on Amazon for $120.00 and a steel header to mount the turbo for another $100-$160. An oil line kit $40.00, & other stuff too. You can even stay with your cast pistons if you're a smart driver and keep boost press. down to manageable...under or at 12psi. use an intercooler...
  5. 07 ranger engine/tranny compatible with my 02 B3000?

You can buy a flexible shaft camera, attach to your phone, pull a spark plug & insert the shaft into the hole. you will be able to see the bores, combustion chambers. Look into Rock Auto catalog at both vehicles to compare the engine parts listing. Mazda V-6's were 2.5 & 2.7 and other larger...
  6. RangerXtraLettuceTomato - Project : Turbo Powa! Ranger

Thatsa lotta StarBucks coffee in that there "squirt' ECU. Factory O.E. ECU (PCM) computers have been able to handle high HP for years. I don't want to infringe on the M'fr, but, how many ponies are you rebuilding this engine to lay down. Your money may be better spent if this vehicle is a daily...
  7. RangerXtraLettuceTomato - Project : Turbo Powa! Ranger

Hello RXLT...want fries w/ that? I'm sure you researched the Explorer rear diff. swap; all the measurements, you know! Also, my '92 Ranger has serp. accessory drive. Various yrs. should work on your engine. D.O.D...Dumb question Of the Day, so far...your trbo looks smaller than my Garrett T3...
  8. NEW member, old guy. Hello. This is my 1st post. XR4Ti eng. help.

My '92 SOHC has a serpentine front engine accessory drive and A/C. I plan on using that setup. The location of the A/C Comp. (top left) & Alt. bottom rt.) are opposite XR4Ti. Thanks.
  9. NEW member, old guy. Hello. This is my 1st post. XR4Ti eng. help.

...more cannon Fodder...My newest idea for my '92 ranger w/ XR4 power is...95 or later PCM. These darlings contained the ICM (ign control module) inside the computer. Then...use coil on plug (COP) ignition from another FORD engine. This would eliminate the TFI module, distributor, plug wires...
  10. NEW member, old guy. Hello. This is my 1st post. XR4Ti eng. help.

There is an XR4Ti OE lower right hand mount A/C comp. avail in the aftermarket from RockAuto & others. I will use that & 'jury rig' or 'last Chance Garage' or 'Gubernickel Funknagel' the rest. Maybe some Yankee Ingenuity & Good Ole' Boy head scratchin' will accomodate my libation. Then...I can...
  11. obd1 = obd FUN... OR, why I am mad at my truck right now

What is eng. mileage? Check for a vac. leak. Check compression. Have you disconnected the battery cable to reset codes? Block the EGR vac. line & see what happens. You state 5 times per second? That's puzzling. An A/C clutch can't cycle that fast, neither can the throttle. A vacuum leak can...
  12. In search of a sway bar.

Aftermarket (use ADDCO, Hellwig, Belltech catalog) is full of them. Their listings will help you see how many different yrs. and such fit. If handling is your thing, you can buy a larger diameter one, but consider adding a rear sway bar if you install a thicker front one. Many years will fit &...
  13. NEW member, old guy. Hello. This is my 1st post. XR4Ti eng. help.

'92 Ranger. Have XR4Ti engine, want to keep using my factory A/C. Has anyone been able to keep the A/C compressor remaining on the top left side of the engine as installed from FORD on the n/a Ranger? I ask because I will likely have to buy a (forward turbo flange mount) aftermarket steel tubing...
  14. 88 2.3l wanting to turbo my ranger any help or info

Hello. Have any of you swapped the ranger battery from the passenger side to the driver side? Whoosh! C Ya. Thanks, waterran.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad