• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Vexarana

1. Alternator removal / installation

Hey all, So I am in the middle of an alternator swap because my old one does not support some audio upgrades I have done. Problem is, nothing I could find online talks about the alternator that my truck has in it. Here is a photo album of the old one and the new one. The wires that are...
  2. No Brake Lights! Please help.

Hey all, So my trusty Ranger is confusing me. I noticed in the past few days that I do not have brake lights when pressing on the pedal. Troubleshooting steps I have done are as follows: Replace brake switch. Replace both bulbs on each side. If you put hazards on, they flash. If tail lights...
  3. Headlights - 3 Position Switch?

Hey all, I am wanting to re-do some wiring on my truck. I have a 91 ford Ranger with the manual headlights / parking lights and high beams are on the tree. I had an issue with my multifunction switch and it was not letting me turn my headlights on because it could not "sense" that the...
  4. Burning oil slightly?

Hey everyone. So I just did a water pump replacement on my truck. While I was poking around and running it to suck coolant down and vent the air, I found that my truck was burning oil slightly. I just did a full oil change with synthetic over the weekend, and haven't investigated more to see...
  5. Braking Feel & Dash Light

Hey all, So the emergency brake light on my dash has started flickering. It seems to occur under acceleration, or when revs are high (i.e. 1500 rpm+). When I am putting along it is either solidly out, or flickers a little. There is no way that my emergency brake is engaged at all, I have...
  6. Dana 35 4x4 not working

Hey all, I made a post in 4x4 systems but I think this might be a better place to ask. The thread link over there is: http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156976 Text is as follows -- So I had my rear drive-shaft grenade on me after driving through some deep snow. I think...
  7. 4x4 not working, diagnosis help

So I had my rear drive-shaft grenade on me after driving through some deep snow. I think it packed it with gritty, icy water and just locked the U-joint up. Made a spectacular pop. Lots of sparks as I limped it home. So I drove it for a little bit on 4x4 after dropping the rear shaft but only...
  8. Help, how do I buy new shocks

I have a 1991 TTB Ranger with a 4" Rancho lift. It also has a steering stabilizer. The shocks are well worn out on it, and I am wanting to replace. It has the 4.0 in front which is heavy, but the ride is still rough. From what I understand, the lift springs in a lot of these kits are rough. But...
  9. 1991 Leaks under rain

I have a 91 Ranger that I haven't really treated to a lot of maintenance and am wanting to keep it on the road for plenty of years to come. The problem that I have with it is that it leaks (a lot) when it rains. And being in the mid-west, it rains a stupid amount. The wind-shield was replaced...
  10. 2nd Gen HID Conversion?

Hey all, After sorting through my issues with headlights, I am more "motivated" to just go ahead and fix up my headlights the way that I wanted to do them in the first place. I am wanting to replace my housings with these...
  11. Need help re-wiring headlights

So I had an issue with the multi-function switch, and when I put the housing back together I said "**** it" and left the high-beam toggle out of the assembly. I figured this would just not let me switch high beams (not a big deal, I want to do separate high-beams in the near future) but it...
  12. Water Pump Replacement - Big Issue (Stripped bolt-hole)!

I am doing a 90% cooling system replacement on my 1991 Ford Ranger with the 4.0 OHV engine. I put the RTV sealer on the engine, put it on the water pump, mated the gasket between it, and started installing the bolts. They all went in fine, but I had to do some fennagling for the (if you are...
  13. Looking to do hidden mount subs

Vehicle is a 91 Ford Ranger with the jump seats that pop out sideways. I have seen someone on this forum do a similar thing, but only on one side. What I would like to do is put 2x 10's or 12's, but I am not sure how large of a sub I can use. I want the subs to be flush, or near flush with...
  14. Need help with starter

The previous owner changed over my battery terminals to boat quick disconnects and I have had issues with the wires working loose so occasionally I've had to go in there and tighten it down. Its a 91 4.0 so there are the two wires for positive and negative which need to be connected to hook up...
  15. HELP! 91 Ranger 4.0 OHV Sputters and stalls off idle/stopped

I have a 1991 Ford Ranger Ex-Cab with the 19.6 Gal tank. Never actually had it down below 17 used, which is right about the top of the E on the gauge. So when I was at a quarter of a tank, I wasn't worried about it until it started sputtering one day. Drove it back, parked it, drove it to work...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad