• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by tx_pwp5

1. tx_pwp5

WTB 1st gen short bed

Looking for basically the back half of a 1st gen with a color combo that matches my avatar. I've seen a bunch of the red/white color combo around, so if you know anyone in texas or the surrounding area that has one let me know. Trying to build a tag along to use with my gemtop that has a...
  2. tx_pwp5

Ranger with a perkins diesel and short bed

someone posted one today
  3. tx_pwp5

Coleman Liquid Fuel

I've got one of those stoves from my dad and I still use it regularly. It started leaking last trip at the pump so it may be done now, but it's fed us dozens, if not hundreds of times over the years. Good stuff! You have to unscrew the adjustment valve on the left of the case on mine to get the...
  4. tx_pwp5

2.9 JBA Headers, 2 sets EGR and Non EGR

I'll take the ones for the 87. PM sent
  5. tx_pwp5

A4LD Hard Shift issues (P,D & 1-2 ONLY)

Hey guys, I dug around a little but there is so much info on these it's a little overwhelming. My truck pauses then engages very hard from Park to Reverse, Reverse to Drive, and Drive to reverse/ reverse to Park. Basically, any of these three gears = a big hard BANG and it goes into whatever...
  6. tx_pwp5

4R70W w/5.0 into a 1987 Supercab 4x4

Hey guys, Trans took a dump in my 87 2.9 supercab 4x4 and I'm sick of dealing with the ignition/heat issues so I picked up a 2wd 96 explorer 5.0 with the 4R70W yesterday. I wanted to find an AWD but the timing didn't work out and I got a helluva deal on the one I got. I looked all through the...
  7. tx_pwp5

Shop suggestions for 5.0 swap

I'm looking for suggestions on a good shop to use for a 5.0 swap on my 87 supercab 4x4. Something in south austin would be great, but I can be flexible up to a reasonable distance. Any ideas?
  8. tx_pwp5

1987 4x4 Supercab to 1996 5.0 Swap

I know there are tons of V8 swaps and tech articles, but I can't seem to find much on swapping a 1996 gt40 5.0 with AC into a 1st gen supercab. Lots of older 302s and a few people having trouble with 98+ PATS systems, but not this swap. I've been saying as soon as my trans gave out I would do...
  9. tx_pwp5

Sputtering/Loss of power/Dies

Hey guys, I had to drop my truck off at the shop last night for an intermittent problem that wont go away. After driving for more than about 30 minutes or so, and especially under loads like a heavy head wind, or lots of hills, my truck will start to sputter like its not getting fuel and die...
  10. tx_pwp5

1st gen supercap-1 piece driveshaft swap

Hey guys, Almost completed my lift project, now it's time for the driveshaft swap. Who has done one of these on a 1st gen supercab? Mine is an 87 4x4 with the 2.9. I've looked through the tech articles and stuff, but everything seems to be for a single cab or newer truck that is not a 1st...
  11. tx_pwp5

Angled blocks vs. replacing driveshaft after lift

I just put a 4in lift on my truck (87 supercab 4x4 built 7/87). The helper springs weren't enough so I'm adding explorer leafs to get the height right. My question is this: I've heard from multiple sources that after 4 inches or so of lift in the rear, the 1st gen two piece drive shafts can...
  12. tx_pwp5

Tuff County 4in lift review (87 supercab 4x4)

Tuff Country 4in lift (1987 Supercab 4x4) This kit was highly recommended over the rough country due to a better bracket design. The lift seems like it is of decent quality, but I've got nothing but complaints so far. First, the instructions are poorly written, and the parts list isn't...
  13. tx_pwp5

Rough Country + Extreme pitman arm Qs

Rough Country/Tuff Country + Extreme pitman arm Qs Hey guys, I've been digging through all the rough country stuff and noticed a common theme around replacing the included drop pitman arm with the skyjacker (?) extreme drop pitman arm. I have a couple questions regarding this: 1. I've heard...
  14. tx_pwp5

No headlights

Headlights wont come on 1987 Ranger XLT happy monday everyone. Started the truck to leave for a new work week, pulled the headlight switch, everything but the headlights are working. Noticed they seemed dim at startup a few days ago, but then would brighten up after the alternator/engine got...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad