• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Twister

1. Twister

2003 Escape Idle Issue After Battery Replacement

2003 Escape Idle Issue After Battery/Alternator Replacement Ok, I have a 2003 Escape, 2 wheel drive with the 5 speed and 2.0 4 cylinder (Zetec motor), it has 209k miles on it. On the way home from work the other day, the battery light came on for a brief second, according to the owners manual...
  2. Twister

Geo Tracker AC questions.

My little sisters AC in her Tracker stopped working. I think i got it so it wont leak anymore, pulled a vacuum and it appears to be holding. When i was messing with it, it lost maybe a tablespoon or two of oil/dye. It has r134a fitting and was serviced in 2010 so i think it is safe to assume ot...
  3. Twister

1992 Geo Tracker Electrical Issuses

I have a 1992 Geo Tracker, 4x4, 5 speed with the 8V 1.6L engine. Had a problem where the tracker would not start, got it jumped and after i got home. it was only reading about 10v at the battery while it was running. Took the battery and alternator to two different autozones to get them tested...
  4. Twister

E350 a/c Stopped Working

Hi, got a 2004 E350 super duty, extended with rear a/c, a 5.4 auto. The a/c has suddenly cut out. I get nothing when i turn it on. I have tried jumping what i thought was the low pressure switch on the low pressure line and got nothing, also tried it with the plug on the accumulator. Not sure...
  5. Twister

2003 Escape RPM issue

I have a 2003 FWD 2.0 5 speed E with 180,000 miles on it. The other day it started to have weird problem with the engines RPMs. If i put it in 1st or 2nd and let off the gas, the rpms will slowly raise up to around 4k. When driving and i push in the clutch to shift the rpms will raise 200-500...
  6. Twister

2003 Ford Escape

Just co-purchased a 2003 Ford escape with a I4 and 5 spd with a blown head gasket. Is this a common issue for the I4 and how hard is it to replace? I put new heads on my 87 B2 so I am somewhat mechanically able, but everything I have done has been on boring old pushrod engines. Any info would be...
  7. Twister

Neutral Safety Switch Wires

Being a dummy and new to cars at the time i did my duraspark swap, i wasn't very nice to the wires. I am trying to figure out what plug on the driver side the neutral safety switch plugs into. My truck is a 1985 B2 with the a4ld. If anyone sill has all their engine wires intact and could trace...
  8. Twister

E-350 Help Thread

So i am starting this thread for gaining help when working on my moms 2004 Ford E350. So its a 2004 Ford E350, bought new in 2003, has the 5.4L, just rolled over 100k miles. My parents are not the best at preventive maintenance on their vehicles. My dad blew an engine in this Cadillac we had...
  9. Twister

Brake pieces fell out of Drum

Rear brakes started making a terrible noise, so I pulled the drum off and these parts fell out. It looks like it maybe the parking brake pieces but I'm not sure. Is it safe to drive with these pieces missing. Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
  10. Twister

Kobalt Tools

Anyone have any experience with the warranty for their hand tools? I bought a set for my brother for xmass for cheap on black Friday and didn't know if it was worth keeping. We have always bought craftsman tools because if i break any of the tools, i take it to sears and they hand me a new one...
  11. Twister

First Gen Loose Tilt Wheel Fix

Difficulty:2/10 This is really simple, just removing items and putting them back in the exact location they came from. Time to install: 15-20 min, depends on who you are. I work slow so i took me a little longer, plus my steering wheel nut was stripped so i had to go buy a new one. But for the...
  12. Twister

Tk4 rear seal

Is there a rear seal on a 4x4 tk4 or is the gasket between the t case and transmission the only one? Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
  13. Twister

Welders

Looking into picking up a mig welder to eventually down the street fix some of the rust holes in the floor of my B2 and other things as my truck evolves. I know of the big name brands, Hobart, Lincoln and Miller. I came across the eastwood 135 in my searches for good entry level welders. I've...
  14. Twister

Hesitation/Acceleration Problems - F150

I know its not a ranger but i need some help with my f150. So today my 97 f150, 2wd 5.4L automatic has started giving me some troubles. The truck has 291k miles on it, i bought it with 260k miles on it. About a week ago the truck overheated due to a busted radiator side tank, it was promptly...
  15. Twister

Cargo cover

Will the rear cargo covet from a 2nd bronco III work in a first Gen? Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad