• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Turbo-T

1. Any Rail Road buffs on here?

I got to ride in a Fairmont Speeder today. You know, one of those little yellow box-like cars that the maintenance people use'ta go putt-putting down the tracks in.:yahoo: I used to watch them zipping up and down the tracks between trains when I was a kid and thought it was so cool. In reality...
  2. cooking deer meat

We always had venison when I was growing up. We butchered our own meat. One thing you always have to be carefull of is no fat from the deer. If it gets cooked with the meat it'll ruin it. Tastes awfull. My favorite recipe is simple. Cut the meat into small pieces, roll it in flour and fry it in...
  3. Can't do this with a ranger

:icon_twisted:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD78rTF0Rjo
  4. We got mentioned on power block

On trucks, Joe was talking about ... I dunno, I was half asleep. Any way I woke up when he said TRS.com. Any one else catch it?:yahoo::icon_confused:
  5. OH, NO!!! Get over there and vote!!!!

I was just over at that 4X4 vote site and we've slipped to 43. This i the first time TRS hasn't been on the front page. We gotta get us back up there.:icon_bounceblue:
  6. Need ideas from gamers

I picked up a stick at the beach the other day. It's 6 ft long, 3 inches at one end and 2 inches at the other. I want to turn it into a wizards staff for my grandson, the W.O.W player. I need to know what adornments and finish to put on it without it looking garish or cheezy. Ideas?
  7. World of Warcraft

My grandson was kind enough to teach me how to play World of Warcraft. I just spent 3 hours running my dwarf around fighting and dying. Now I understand why the game can be so addictive. You guys might loose me for a while.:icon_hornsup:
  8. My Ranger on chains

When the weather man started saying "lots of snow" a week ago thursday I figured I better chain up the Ranger because it's still running on summer street tires. It's been 7 days now and the Ranger has gotten a pretty good workout. I really enjoy shifting to 2WD and guning it in first or 2ND...
  9. took the Turbo Ranger for a little drive.

Drove the T-Ranger to the coast and back yesterday. 200 miles round trip. 70mph on the interstate, 55-60mph with a lot of ups and downs in the Mountains, and 25 miles running in loose sand above the high tide line at 20-35mph. Never a hiccup, and there was always enough power to do what I aked...
  10. Ignition switch problems

A couple of months ago I started having problems with my ignition switch. The engine would go dead while we were going down the road. I figured out by twisting the key slightly towards start, power would come back and we'd go on. I thought it needed to be adjusted. Took the cover off and...
  11. front end alignment. Pleasant experience.

I've been following some of the threads about problems getting a Ranger 4X4 front end aligned properly. I decided to shop around and see what I'd get. I called a couple of chain tire stores and even stopped in at a couple others and pretty much got the same story. It ranged from "We start at...
  12. Adjustable bushings for a D28

I know they make adjustable bushings for a D35. Do they make them for my old D28?
  13. Turbo-Ranger on the freeway

I took the Ranger for a long drive up I5 today. 240 miles round trip running 60-75 mph with a couple of pretty good hills thrown in. Had a few minor problems. First one, the speedometer quit about 11 miles out. I gotta figure out how to replace that plastic clip that holds the cable to the back...
  14. Brocken block

Today I started to tear down the engine I took out of my turboRanger. It had been bored and the crank turned. It looked good enough to throw a set of rings and bearings in it and put it back together. I was going to put it in a hotrod I'm building. I discovered the block had been brocken and...
  15. Temp sender ohms

I've instaslled an '88 instrument cluster with tach and temp guage in my '84 Ranger. I need to know what ohms range the temp guage requires. I have a sending unit I took off an '87 2.3TC engine. I'd like to be sure it'll work before I install it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad