• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by TUNDRATREES

1. '92 4.0 A4ld tranny to a '88 2.9

I just changed out my old 88 A4ld with 175k for one out of a 1992 explorer 4.0. According to the guy, it only has about 20k before it got smacked. The rest has 180k. I got everything from the radiator to the transfer case and most of the harness with the brain. I'll rebuild it later The swap...
  2. '92 4.0 A4ld tranny to a '88 2.9

I just changed out my old 88 A4ld with 175k for one out of a 1992 explorer 4.0. According to the guy, it only has about 20k and got smacked. The rest has 180k. I got everything from the radiator to the transfer case and most of the harness with the brain. The swap went as well as expected...
  3. 1992 Explorer A4ld going into a 1988 ranger??

I just scored an Explorer 4.0 tranny and transfer case this morning. My ranger tranny went??? 2.9 runs good- but tranny will only go into reverse. Motor runs like crap tranny works in 2nd at about 2500rpm no codes. I can't see any differences other than the '92 is built better. quick glance all...
  4. More '88 AL4D issues

Just picked up an 88 ranger ext.cab 4x4 with the AL4D 2.9. non runner. Body is perfect tires are new I figured what the heck $300 later its in my shop. Fuel relay later and volaa runs actually pretty smooth. I tried to back it out of the shop and @%$#&@. All forward gears lock up good and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad