• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Tsestak45

1. 96 ranger hisses..cant find vac leak

I know this is old and you probably don't even have that truck anymore but I have solved the problem for rangers that idle at like 1500 until you come to a complete stop. It is 1,000% your TPS. I know this because I spent about 4 months working on it replacing things one by one until I got mine...
  2. Rear Brake Adjuster Arm not Tickling Little Star

Dude after all of that and you didn't even put up any pictures to show us what your poorly worded description was? Because now I have the same problem and I've read this entire thread and your last post about how you solved it is useless
  3. Replaced exhaust valve, now no spark on any plug.

It's also slow to crank with a new battery and when I just check the voltage on everything I notice my IAC is only getting like 11.65V, does that discrepancy matter?
  4. Replaced exhaust valve, now no spark on any plug.

Sorry was in MD for a few days. I switched MAFs last week and it would either not start with one of them on, or start and go right to 3,000 rpm and stay there with the other on.
  5. Replaced exhaust valve, now no spark on any plug.

3.0L Manual. Sorry I never know which forum things should be in. I'm also getting a P1121 and the MAF is new, the intake air temp sensor is new, and the TPS was functioning before the valve change
  6. Replaced exhaust valve, now no spark on any plug.

Changed my exhaust valve over the weekend. Slapped the whole thing back together, started it up and it ran for a good minute or two and then shut it off because I had to go to work. Came back from work tried starting it up it cranks and would turn over for like one second and then shut off over...
  7. Please help, valve troubles on my brand new remanufactured motor!

These people at powertrain products are morons and it would be impossible toward void my warranty based on their incompetence alone. Here's where I'm at though, I took the head off and sure enough I have a bent valve. And yes whoever asked did I find the pieces of the retaining clip for the top...
  8. Please help, valve troubles on my brand new remanufactured motor!

Thanks man, a lot of good info in there I didn't know about. Yeah those were my same thoughts because even if they give me a new engine AGAIN I don't trust them building it correctly and that's the only part that is out of my hands. I'm gonna take the head off after work and I guess if the...
  9. Please help, valve troubles on my brand new remanufactured motor!

Hello my name is Tommy, I have a '98 ranger XLT 3.0L. very very very long story short, I bought a remanufactured motor from powertrain products in Maryland 2 years ago. My neighbor who's a mechanic for the city of Philadelphia and myself put it in. 817 miles later a rod came through the block...
  10. Please help before I burn my truck. 3 years of P1131 is enough!

Hey Ranger850, I bought that new O2 sensor and popped it in and it got rid of the P1151 code, for about a week, and then do you know what popped up? A fucking P1152!! I honestly can't take it anymore, I think I'm gonna swear off Rangers and get rid of it. Besides just that code, it idles like...
  11. Please help before I burn my truck. 3 years of P1131 is enough!

Also any recommendations on how to seal the joint where the Y-pipe meets both exhaust manifolds without buying new parts? I guess technically I could remove both manifolds and sand them down until their smoother so the flair meets up better. Very time consuming and annoying though
  12. Please help before I burn my truck. 3 years of P1131 is enough!

Hey had a question and a bit more info. How do you know it's bank 1? When I looked up the code it didn't tell me it just said Bank 1 or bank 2. Also would the O2 sensor explain why it gets jerky when I let off the gas sometimes and also explain why the power brakes don't seem to work much when...
  13. Please help before I burn my truck. 3 years of P1131 is enough!

Hey man great reply with some useful info in it. It's a brand new remanufactured engines. The part that interested me the most was about the O2 sensor running out of whatever detects the oxygen. I'm assuming it still tests correctly for resistance on a multimeter (because why wouldn't it) but...
  14. Please help before I burn my truck. 3 years of P1131 is enough!

Sorry forgot. It's a 98 3.0L 2WD 5 speed manual with 210,000 original miles and around 900 with the newest motor
  15. Please help before I burn my truck. 3 years of P1131 is enough!

Hey so a really loooooong story but the short version is this: I have a 98 3.0L with 900 miles on it because I installed a remanufactured engines myself after the first one blew a pushrod through the block and the second one (installed by a mechanic who didn't crank down 19 different bolts that...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad