• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by TruckTruck

1. TruckTruck

2.3L ('83-'97) Mass Airflow Sensor

Correct. One lasted for a few days then died. eBay special. New Oreillys one didn’t even work. Swapped for the nearly 30 year old one and it starts up perfectly.
  2. TruckTruck

2.3L ('83-'97) Mass Airflow Sensor

Hell all-I’m looking for a mass airflow sensor for a 1997 2.3 Ranger. I have tried 2 aftermarket ones now and no luck. I try a friends sensor from a 1996 and it starts up no problem. I’ve tried calling around for a new Motorcraft one and no such luck. Besides searching junkyards here and there...
  3. TruckTruck

2.3L ('83-'97) Cranks like hell but does not start.

Turns out it was my MAF sensor.🤷‍♂️ Thanks for the suggestions y’all.
  4. TruckTruck

Besides checking the cylinder head compression, anything else come to mind? I’m just curious what else it could be causing this issue.:unsure::unsure:
  5. TruckTruck

Vacuum hose was dry. Inlet/outlet from air intake looked a little gummy.
  6. TruckTruck

FPR had a new one installed a while ago though hung onto the old one(which is currently installed). I can try to swap it out for the newer one tomorrow since it’s only 2 bolts. As far as keeping it going, no. As soon as it catches it dies. I can try again tomorrow with the continuous spray.
  7. TruckTruck

I sprayed some starting fluid into the engine with the same result. Cranks, starts then dies. I did not check the timing belt yet. That’s my plan for tomorrow. I did check my coil packs. I got an ohm reading of 7 for both with the connector unplugged. Checked 2 on each side of the plugs. Got a...
  8. TruckTruck

I will try tomorrow with a friend and report back with info on both tests.
  9. TruckTruck

It starts then dies pretty quick like. If I start it and try to keep it going by stepping on the accelerator that’s when it sputters and what not.
  10. TruckTruck

Timing belt was done about 5k miles ago. Changed crank and cam shaft sensors the other day. Just decided to check to see if any codes were loaded. Came back with a p1100. First time I’ve seen it. The pump I changed it a few days ago came with a secondary circuit fuel pump issue. Swapped back to...
  11. TruckTruck

Hello to all-let me say thanks in advance for any and all suggestions. I have a 1997 2.3 Ranger with about 204,000 on the clock. In the past 3 weeks I have driven over 3k miles. Once I got back to my home state, I put another few hundred plus miles not it. It died one day after being on the...
  12. TruckTruck

Fuel Pump Swap:

Just replacing the whole unit. I’ve watched a few videos on the matter. I guess it just comes down to preference.
  13. TruckTruck

Fuel Pump Swap:

As the title says, I would like to swap mine out for a new one. No issues with current one. Just trying to be preemptive. Assuming that previous owner did very little before purchasing said Ranger. Open to suggestions, tips and tricks. I’ve loosened the back 4 bolts in the bed. Haven’t checked...
  14. TruckTruck

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Swapped out my flasher relay for a new one that allows LED’s to function properly instead of the hyper flash. Cleaned my EGR Valve. Debated about deleting it as I was trying to tighten the locking collar nut up against the firewall. Today going to attempt the fuel pump and filler neck hose...
  15. TruckTruck

P0117 troubleshooting

Thanks for all the help. Electrical was solid all around. Connections, plugs and wires as well as readings on the voltmeter. Was a bad ECT. Swapped out and instantly made a difference.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad