• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by trucklet

1. Rodent nest, won’t start, no Visible wiring damage

LOL. I am grasping at straws in an effort to assuage my embarrassmen in missing such a basic problem. Maybe they incorporated A jumper into their nest to bask in the warmth generated by their little resistance heater?
  2. Rodent nest, won’t start, no Visible wiring damage

Thanks for the numbers. Those will help keep me out of trouble With all of my vehicles.
  3. Rodent nest, won’t start, no Visible wiring damage

It took me a while to get back to do the electrical testing on my 88 ranger, partly because it’s parked in an open carport and the weather in the Pacific Northwest has not been conducive to outdoor wrenching. I have a handful of cheap multimeters, grabbed one and proceeded to check the voltage...
  4. Rodent nest, won’t start, no Visible wiring damage

I wasn’t paying much attention to the dash lights but the “check engine“ and alternator indicator lights definitely were on. Will do. Thank you for the specific guidance.
  5. Rodent nest, won’t start, no Visible wiring damage

It has been driven fairly regularly. My son-in-law filled the tank the day before this all began. He drove at least four or 5 miles after filling it up, and when I asked him specifically about any problems, he said it seem to be functioning normally. The next day when I tried to start it, it...
  6. Rodent nest, won’t start, no Visible wiring damage

Thanks rumblecloud and rusty ol ranger. I read your responses after II replied to RonD. That would be an easy fix, I’m eager to check it out. I glanced at the air filter but did not explore the airway otherwise. But, when I followed through with the starting fluid into the air intake, air would...
  7. Rodent nest, won’t start, no Visible wiring damage

I sprayed starting fluid into intake, raced to the driver seat as fast as I could, no Start and no apparent firing. So I have a spark issue. in view of the likelihood that the rodents created a problem with spark, and their only apparent activity was in the vicinity of the relays and wiring...
  8. Rodent nest, won’t start, no Visible wiring damage

1988 Ford ranger XLT 2.9 manual RWD, Never hesitated to start prior to today. Last driven yesterday and no observed abnormalities. Engine turns over and tries really hard to start but sounds very sick. Question of possibly more gasoline smell than should be present under the hood with moderate...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad