• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by troymn

1. 2.3 to 2.5 swap

Thanks tinman!
  2. 2.3 to 2.5 swap

Thanks for the reply! I understand that, but if I swap the whole intake system including injectors, exhaust, pcm, and motor mounts from the 2.3 will it run perfect? I worry about the longer stroke and using the pcm that it will be lean. I see you did say program, but the original poster used the...
  3. 2.3 to 2.5 swap

I have a 1997 2.3. I can only find a few articles here about it. I seen use the whole intake system including injectors, exhaust, pcm, and motor mounts from the 2.3 and it's that easy. Is this true? The posts I have found the original poster has not been on the site in years. Thanks!
  4. Breather

Hey Guys. I was wondering If I can route the head breather and pcv to a catch can with a breather and drain? I hate how nasty the intake, IAC, and throttle body gets. Thanks for the input! Also I know I need to plug the breather holes in the intake from them if I would do it.
  5. pcm

Hello. I have a 1997 with a 2.3 manual trans. 2wd. If I have access to a pcm from a buddy's truck with the same f77f 12a650 lc part number, can I use it without having to get it reprogramed to my truck? Will it just have the wrong vin married to it but work fine? Thanks!
  6. Cmp

Hello. I have a 1997 xlt with a 2.3. Just wondering about the cmp. Does it do anything after the engine is running? Thanks!
  7. Cmp

Hello. I have a 1997 2.3 xlt. Does the CMP do anything after start up? Thanks!
  8. 10'' drum to 9'' swap??

Hello. I am getting an 8.8 with 10'' drums. I have a 7.5 with 9'' drums currently. All the brake stuff including parking brake cables were just replaced in the 9'' set up. My question is does anyone know for certain if I can swap it (including the backing plates) directly over to the 8.8? Thanks!!
  9. One piece driveshaft

I have a 97 2wd extended cab 2.3 with a 5 speed manual tranny. I hate the split driveshaft set up. I have found a few people updating to the one piece. Do you really have to bend and cut things to make it work. I understand removing the center bearing mount but I do not want to remove the cross...
  10. Vibrations

Hi. I have 2 questions here. (1) I replaced my center bearing with an anchor brand bearing. I made sure to align the shafts to their original spots. I checked and regreased u- joints. Now it vibrates. I put 2 washers on each side of the center bearing thinking that maybe the aftermarket bearing...
  11. Mazda Axles work?

Hi. I found a 2005 Mazda B4000 rear end. and its a locker. I am told it's an 8.8 and its a locker. Is it the same as a ranger? Are the axle codes the same? Thanks!
  12. 8.8

Hi, Looking at updating from a 7.5 to a 8.8 limited slip on a 1997. I plan on a ranger axle not explorer. My question is what is different with the newer axles (say a 2002)? I look at car-part.com and it will combined 94-97 and 98-02. Is it the abs connector? Will it bolt up and will the cables...
  13. 8.8 rear end differance

Hi, Looking at updating from a 7.5 to a 8.8 limited slip on a 1997. I plan on a ranger axle not explorer. My question is what is different with the newer axles (say a 2002)? I look at car-part.com and it will combined 94-97 and 98-02. Is it the abs connector? Will it bolt up and will the cables...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad