• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by trailmeisterjoe

1. 2009 vs 2000

The 4 banger in my old '97 had NO issues "keeping up" with traffic and merging on freeways . Joe
  2. 2009 vs 2000

I would think that the 4wd one would be overkill and hardly ever needed for snow in your area for "commuting". Also, the 4wd has more that can go wrong with it ( in general) being more complicated/involved drive train wise. Joe
  3. Catalytic Converter - good or no good ?

Just replaced all 3 of my blocked cats...…..Holy moly $$$ Joe
  4. AUX in cable for OEM head unit 2005 edge?

Hey guys, is there a way to add or modify my stock receiver for a 3.5mm aux in cable to be able to run audio from phone or ipod using the stock system? It's for an 05 edge and I think the sound quality is decent so not really looking to replace head unit for an aftermarket one. The OEM system is...
  5. The Miata is a terrible truck

Interesting that you had a Miata and now have a Ranger.......I too have both and am in the NW. Love both in their own way. Truck is sooo handy, and the Miata is AWESOME when it is nice out, especially top down cruising. Well put together little cars. Just retired my old '97 Ranger with 335K...
  6. Seat belt seat sensors and air bag compatibility

My thinking is that since the 05 is NON air bag, you can bolt up the air bagged newer ones with no issue because the 05 wont be "looking" for air bag sensors but the other way around would throw off the 10-11 models with older seats? Joe
  7. Seat belt seat sensors and air bag compatibility

Can anyone comment on potential issues I might run into if I swap out the 60/40 seats from my '05 edge 2wd extended cab for newer '10 or '11 ones? I am sure they bolt in alright, but not sure about issues with new seats not matching up with passenger sensor and or seat belt clasps , etc. Same...
  8. 2010-2011 Air bag seats to '05 non air bag

Anyone know if the 2010-2011 side air bag equipped 60/40 seats will swap right in to my '05 edge Ranger without drama? All are for extended cab. thanks, Joe
  9. Goodbye old friend (Ranger) hello new ( Ranger)

Have been telling friends this past week that my good friend ( 1997 Ranger xlt extended cab) was not sick a day in its long life, then suffered a massive fatal heart attack on the freeway on new years eve. The most amazing, reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Bought her for my son to use as a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad