• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Tractorman

1. Tractorman

My Ranger with some juice...in a truck pull.

iHh9JasM8J0 I ended up 6 feet out of 3rd place. Next time I won't be so easy with the nitrous, and just hammer it once it gets rolling. I was feathering it in because I was a little nervous about busting stuff with a 70 HP shot running in it.
  2. Tractorman

Just another day of work for Truck Norris...

Would have hauled more each load but wouldn't stay on the back of the trailer.
  3. Tractorman

Ranger fifth wheel towing review...

Just got back from vacation pulling my 1995 Shadow Cruiser 21 foot fifth wheel with my 2002 Ford Ranger. It's a 4.0 SOHC, auto, 4wd, and has 4.10 gears. Only things I've done to it is basic maintainence (All Amsoil for lube), plus a Powertrax No Slip and has 245/75/16 Goodyear Duratracs...
  4. Tractorman

Truck Norris going against the big boys at the truck pull

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMFH1235cWM Seems I was the only one to get the crowd into it all day. Good times, 241 feet. But I wasn't last place!
  5. Tractorman

5th wheel hitch brackets for 2002 Ranger.

Just looking to see if anyone makes brackets for the Ranger for a 5th Wheel hitch. I don't wanna hear "you can't pull that!" or anything of the sort. If you know where I can find them, great. Or if I need to get universal ones, well just as well. Thanks.
  6. Tractorman

Wind noise from door while driving, how to fix?

Well my 2002 Ranger has a noticable amount of wind noise while driving from the passenger door. I was wondering what I should do first to fix it. I was thinking maybe readjusting the the latches to hold it tighter, or possibly replacing the seal around the door. Thoughts?
  7. Tractorman

Any truck pullers in here? Need ideas/review of my plans...

I plan on using my 2002 Ranger in truck pulls next year in the 5000 pound stock class. Here's what I'm planning on doing: 33x12.5 mud terrains on stock suspension. Should I be worried about rubbing? I don't plan on flexing it out, just 33's for the pull. I was thinking 33's to get maximum speed...
  8. Tractorman

People with SOHC ported heads, worth it?

Just looking for input if this is a mod to consider. Supporting mods would be either JBA's or possibly longtubes meant for a 'stang if they fit, full exhaust, intake, and a tune.
  9. Tractorman

Where can I buy salvaged vehicles?

Just curious, since most junk yards I know won't allow you to buy them complete. I would like to get one for a project next summer, possibly this winter.
  10. Tractorman

Swapping to a 5R55 from 03 or new Explorer?

I have an 02 Ranger, 4.0 4x4 and the 5r55. I hate the tall 1st gear in this transmission. I see that the explorers got a lower 1st gear in 02 or 03 with the new body style. Can I swap to this transmission and then retune for the different shift points?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad