• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by tlcasey100

1. Rough idle and some black smoke with gas smell

I have a tailpipe putting out some black smoke and occasionally some gasoline smell. also idles some what rough. Could this be the O2 sensors or somehing to do with the EGR system. I ran the codes without a meter and got what I beleive a 166 or 167 or a 66 or 67. Thanks for help.
  2. White transmision gear

I have a 93 ford ranger with a 5 speed manual transmission. It used to have a 4 speed and when the change was made the speedometer was messed up. The internal drive gear in the 5 speed is white and i believe it is a 8 tooth. I need to know for sure to figure out what gear i need to change to on...
  3. Parts Swap

I have a 90 ford ranger with a 2.9 and it came to me with a 93 model tranmission and it eats the teeth off bendix drives.I have been told to change off to the 4.0 clutch and flywheel and starter and the problem will go away. please help
  4. Still eating starters

I have a 1990 ranger with a 2.9 liter v6. Is the 5 speed tranny include 4 speeds and an over drive or did ford do anything like that? The transmission is supposed to be a 5 speed for later models beyond when ford quit making the 2.9 in 1992. The question is, if the tranny is for the later model...
  5. Bendix shearing

I have a 1990 ford ranger with a 2.9 and someone put a 5 speed( speed with od) and i was told the tranny was from a 93 model ranger. I need to know why starters keep shearing the bendix teeth off. Is there so much difference between the 2.9 and later engine flywheel diameters that the teeth go...
  6. Top hose hot and Bottom hose cold.

I have a 90 ranger that smells like its hot but the temperature guage says different. it has a new thermostat and a engine flush with new coolant. it has that rubbery hot smell. Any Ideas?
  7. Starter Issue ( this may relate to you all)

I have a 1990 Ranger with a 2.9 liter v6 and the bendix drive likes to hang up in the flywheel. I have changed the bendix from the 9 tooth to a 10 tooth gear and the problem still persists plus now it will only engage when it likes to. Is there a starter brand that changes this or something...
  8. Vacuum!

i need a complete vacuum line diagram for my 1990 ranger XLT. the old plastic lines have become brittle and are missing in some cases.It also has fuel injection is that helps and is a Oklahoma truck. thanks
  9. Too Much Tech

I have a 90 model ranger xlt with a 2.9 litre v6 and i wonder how much of the devices i can remove and still have a dependable pickup. I once had a 87 buick with 307 v8 and all the egr crap had craped out and i stripped the engine and ran better and used a lot less gas and i would like to do the...
  10. Speedometer Problems

The former owner of my 1990 ranger xlt changed the 3 speed for a 4 speed with overdrive transmission. Can the speedometer be adjusted to compensate for a 10 mph error or do I have to change the cable or gears with in the transmission it self. Thanks for help
  11. R22system

I have a 1990 Ranger with a 2.9 litre V9 with an air conditioner using R22. What can I use to replace it and what components do I have to replace to do it. Thanks
  12. Heat censor

Can someone tell me the location of engine coolant temperature censor
  13. Coolent censor location

Need to know the location of the coolant censor on a 1990 2.9 Thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad