• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by this user name may change

1. this user name may change

1988 ranger plus some 1993 expl.

at the junk yard i found an explorer(93) with the premium sound, i pulled the whole rear setup (amps + sub) my question is 1. which amp does the speakers, theres a silver one and a black one 2 what is the pin out for above amp (left, right, power) i think the amp for the sub is straight...
  2. this user name may change

02 b3000 tow an explorer?

so my mom gave me her 02 and while i was up here visiting, well now i need to take 2 vehicles home and i cant just drive 1.)the explorer. (no plates, registration, or anything, other than a bill of sale for the wrong state) so i need to tow it out, i found a hitch for 2.)the 02 mazda, but i...
  3. this user name may change

88 2.9l

ok so long time no see, i got this 88 in august and cracked the heads, three small ones on the pass. side, one big one on the drivers side, first off, im looking for improved ones, next is, im rebuilding it, and a snow storm blew snow down cyl. 3, 6, (cover blew off) so can i clean them with...
  4. this user name may change

i got a few questions that need answers...

ok long story short, i was talking to my dad about what i want to do to the truck, and he asked some questions that really i dont have an answer to..... 1. how come when doing the 4.0 swap into a first gen. you have to swap the dash? (like what is so different that it has to happen) 2.is it...
  5. this user name may change

can't find map sensor

i'v need a pic of a 2.9 map sensor, because i cant seem to find it.....
  6. this user name may change

what is a good price on a 4.0?

need input! i found a craigslist ad for a 4.0 but he did not list a price so i emailed him and he replied with "how much would you pay for it?"...... so what is a good price for a 4.0, he says its like new and came out of an 04 ranger, so my next question is, is the gonna be able to hook up to...
  7. this user name may change

lights for instrument cluster

ok so i am trying to figure this out.... i want to add all the cluster lights as in: 4x4, low range, and water in fuel (or is this just for diesels) the pcb is set-up for every light, but the plugs are not so my question is, is how do i add wires to those plugs and were do the wires run to...
  8. this user name may change

plans for my 86 ranger

i am only doing this because someone told me to when i first joined.... (i got the truck for 800 because the guy thought it needed a new engine) my plans: rebuild engine(this is just to make it road ready)(this is job #1 because its loosing oil) 3" or 4" inch lift (with some re-enforced ra. and...
  9. this user name may change

amp gauge is a liar!

ok so i got an 86 ranger a few days back and its not really road ready... when i came out yesterday (no battery in( in garage charging)) the gauge read dead center.... my question is can i replace only that gauge or is all as one? and can slow gauges be solved with a can of 2 letters and a...
  10. this user name may change

86 wont start....

yesterday i washed the engine down with some cleaner and sprayed it off with the hose....(with hopes of getting rid of all the crap stuck to it.) for the most part it did.... but now my engine wont start, i also changed plug and wires... and now i'm out of ideas..... has this happened to anyone...
  11. this user name may change

bought 86 ranger with a 2.9

yesterday i bought a 86 ranger that needs a new motor(2.9).... my question is, is there a better engine, that is more powerful.... but at the same time still fuel efficient? also is the 2.9 a good towing engine? what is the grand toltal of a engine/tranny swap?
  12. this user name may change

88 with dual tanks, help please....

in the near future i may be buying a 88 ranger that is only a single tank... i was hoping someone can give me a step-by-step on how to install dual tanks and what parts are needed to do so..... and i understand that the spare gets move to the bed but that just the cost of getting more distance...
  13. this user name may change

epic newbie....

(my real name is wyatt, i live in spokane, its not as fun as the desert......) im epic newbie here, who has a few questions and i figured i should just ask all at once so,(there all for an 83-92 ranger) (ahhh what got me into rangers?......... my dads ranger.....) 1. when you do the swap from...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad