• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ThermionicEmissions

1. Total Noob, question prior to first oil change

I used some heavy duty rubber gloves, and a fram filter that has a rubberized coating on the bottom. Perhaps I'll try from the top next time.
  2. Total Noob, question prior to first oil change

Thanks for all the tips, folks! First oil change done. Feels good! +1 on accessing the filter from the wheel well. At least for cleaning the filter interface and reinstalling. Next time I may try removing from below to avoid spilling so much oil from the filter.
  3. Total Noob, question prior to first oil change

I'm guessing that part is a bit tricky due to the location of the oil filter. Why Ford?! Why?!
  4. Water leak in cab - 1997 Ranger Short Cab XLT

Hey jcwhidby, hope you've sorted out the source of leak. If you have not already done so, I strongly recommend you check to see if water got under your flooring. Under the vinyl flooring is a thick underlayment that once damp, never properly dries. It can lead to both mold and corrosion of...
  5. Total Noob, question prior to first oil change

Thanks for the info! No leaks now so I'll leave well enough alone.
  6. Total Noob, question prior to first oil change

Hi all, I'm going to tackle my first ever DIY oil change this weekend on my '07 3.0L, and I want to make sure I've dotted my Ts and crossed my eyes. The one thing I'm not clear on is if the drain plug has a washer or O ring and, if so, should I have a replacement on hand? Thanks all!
  7. Door hinge pin and bushing for 2007+ Ranger

Thanks for the input sgtsandman. To clarify, do you mean the 93-11 is consistent with the information here (and by "here", do you mean the forum)?
  8. Door hinge pin and bushing for 2007+ Ranger

Anybody replace their door hinge pins and bushings on a 2007 or newer Ranger? I have no problem finding them for 2006 or older. Cheers Edit: LMC lists their pin and bushing kit as fitting 93-11s. Looks the same as the Dorman kit.
  9. Jacking up under rear differential?

Thanks for all the great responses folks! I have decided to get a couple of sets of ramps. I'm pretty sure the tires are safe lift points!
  10. Jacking up under rear differential?

[ OMG I'm such an idiot. I hadn't considered using ramps, as I figured that would only be for raising the front or back - not both. 🤦‍♂️ Then I realised one could just place a ramp in front of each tire and drive right up. Also, the only ramps I've used in the past were the metal type with...
  11. Jacking up under rear differential?

Being new to working under vehicles, I'm all for exercising caution. By "back and forth 2-3 times" do you mean raise each side a little at a time? I can see that making sense.
  12. Jacking up under rear differential?

Thanks for all the feedback folks! Thinking an 18" jack with 16" stands would be plenty high enough then.
  13. Jacking up under rear differential?

Thanks for the info!
  14. Jacking up under rear differential?

I'm looking to get my Ranger up on jack stands to do some rust treatment and prevention work, and I've seen several videos ( 1A Auto, etc) and a lot of posters saying they place the jack under the rear diff housing. The manual explicitly states to not place the jack under the rear diff, as it...
  15. Trying to source replacement T55 seat bolt for 07

They'll repair it for free without all that. This shop stands by there work.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad