• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Therigwelder

1. Lower timing cover

I am in need of sourcing and a part number for the lower aluminum timing cover that attaches to the front engine block and oil pan. This is for a 93 ranger 2.3.i destroyed the original one as I was getting the timing gear off the crank. Any help would be appreciated, I need it to continue on...
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) Clutch line keeps popping out.

Does yours still have the white teflon ring that goes around the male end of the connector?
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) Standard rings ?

I have my 2.3 block on the engine stand,ready for reassembly.I know the stock bore is 3.780, I also have a repair manual that calls out stock bore as 3.7795-- 3.7810. my current bore measured out at 3.775,I am needing input if I can go back with standard rings on my original pistons?
  4. Timing gear removal

For anyone who may have frozen bolts or timing gear frozen,I found something that works well.my local parts guy sold me a can of liquid freeze.this stuff works, it helped me get my timing gear off
  5. Timing gear removal

I've got my 2.3 on an engine stand and I cannot remove the timing gear off the crankshaft. I even heated the gear red and couldn't get it to pop off. Any ideas?
  6. Where is my oil going?

I should have just pulled the engine and rebuilt the whole damn engine
  7. Where is my oil going?

I have a compression tester,I will test this weekend,not chugging any color,yeah I pulled the rad cap and looked in the reservoir.maybe a vacuum test would be inorder as well,may be able to better tell a valve problem.i won't get a good compression reading if by chance I have a valve guide issue?
  8. Where is my oil going?

Yes rear quarter,no I haven't done a compression test after the repair.i am convinced I am not burning oil,a quart of two of oil daily and this truck would be smoking like a freight train.the only way I know of oil getting into the exhaust only is bad guides or stem seals.i got no fouled or oil...
  9. Where is my oil going?

I have a 93 ranger 2.3.The truck has black oily soot all over the lower panel and bumper.it does not smoke at all.I am putting a quart of oil in daily.since it doesn't smoke I made an assumption the oil was being lost from the exhaust valve guides or stem seals, apparently I was wrong.I...
  10. No compression

🤣🤣well I’ll be damned, it never dawned on me till you mentioned it. I am used to pulling all plugs before a compression test. I guess I wouldn’t have compression if it’s blowing out the other side🤷‍♂️thank you, I will do a compression test in the morning. Boy do I feel like a dumbass overlooking...
  11. No compression

Yes
  12. No compression

Catalyst was removed long ago,I might be bad valve stem Seals
  13. No compression

I used a threaded adapter on the compression testers, firmly hand tight, all plugs removed, coils and fuel disabled. Both testers read zero. I don’t know why,I recently used my tester on another vehicle and it worked fine. So obviously I know I have at least the minimum compression for it to run...
  14. No compression

have a 93 ranger 2.3l that idles badly but when I give it gas it drives fine.Recently the check oil light has started coming on and I am adding a quart of oil every 3 days.the truck does not smoke at all.i decided to do a compression test. When I pulled the plugs they were all a light tan color...
  15. Clutch slipping?

My 93 ranger’s clutch appears to be slipping however I cannot find a reason why. Initially I thought there may be oil leaking on the clutch. After pulling the clutch out I found nothing, everything looks good. could it be a weak pressure plate?The clutch setup was replaced 6 months ago. The...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad