• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by thecause17

1. 1996 2.3 I4 4×4

I've seen two that I knew were 2.3 4x4s, because I drove them both. One was sitting next to two other Rangers I came to look at on a lot back in the early 2000s. One was a 3.0 Ext cab auto, one was a 4.0 Reg cab long bed auto, and one a 2.3 Reg cab short bed 5-speed, all 4x4. I drove away in the...
  2. Replace O2 Sensors?

My truck has 190k on it and I did them both recently, but the only reason I did them was because I had the trans out and everything was easy to get to so I took the oppurunity to do it. I didn't have any codes or anything, but they were cheap enough I figured it couldn't hurt.
  3. Towed with a grand cherokee...

Yeah, with the hitch being directly mounted to the body that's expected. You also have a rear hatch that can be letting some additional noise in that you wouldn't have with a truck. As long as you distribute your load correctly, I wouldn't worry about a thing, with the suspension or the unibody...
  4. Towed with a grand cherokee...

The GCs can tow just fine. I used to have a WJ with the 4.7HO. I bought it out of state, and the day I bought it, I reserved a Uhaul trailer, drove my Jetta TDI there to buy the Jeep, put the Jetta on the trailer and towed it home with the Jeep. Totally different body Jeep I realize, but they've...
  5. My '97 2.3 2WD Build

I picked this truck up about a year ago, completely stock, one owner, almost completely rust free. It's a '97 2WD 2.3L. I started off with mostly getting it mechanically back to where it needed to be, lots of odds and ends like ball joints, tie rod ends, fluids, brakes, and so on. I also put a...
  6. Long Time Lurker - First Time Poster

I had my first Ranger back around 2001 or so I think, a 94 Reg. cab 4.0 4x4, which I had for a few years, which I eventually traded on a '97 Explorer Sport, which itself was later traded on a '99 Ranger 4.0 Super Cab Step-side 4.0 4x4. I was around on the old RangerPowerSports forum, Serious...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad