• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by TheBeast

1. Deal of the day

I've been trying to resolve the vibration/carrier bearing issue with my truck. I ended up saying fook it, and found me an entire driveshaft from ford. Brand new, 98 ext cab 4x4 automatic driveshaft, assembled balanced brand new from ford, for 190 ship. The junkyards wanted a 100 bucks for a used...
  2. Safari Pacific MX2 Build

Cool as hell. Seems like your family has their hands in alot of different sections of fabrication. My sisters an interior designer, I work for a body shop right now. Yall have us beat. lol.
  3. Finally found a one piece

So my trucks been down due to the super crappy two piece designed drive shaft. Called all of our junkyard friends, no one had one. So i've been without my truck trying to get the right parts and get it working correctly. I picked up the correct carrier bearing, it was 50 bucks, then finding out...
  4. Well that sucks

I've been having intermittent squealing problems. So I put a belt on it, nothing. :icon_confused: Replaced the pulleys and check all the accessorys, nothing. Wonderful. Then I notice it's coming from the back of the motor. Yep, synchronizer. Wonderful. Then I decide to check the oil on the...
  5. Weird squeal

The truck when I first bought it would "Talk" to you at idle, with a few chirps/squeals at idle and riding around. I pulled the tensioner off, it has plenty of strength, and the idler pulley. Both pulleys were bad, so I replaced them. I put the same belt back on, as it was in good shape, not...
  6. Serious vibration issue

When riding along accelerating, the truck doesn't do it, once you left off the pedal and hit OD, the truck has a minor vibration. The other night I was on an off ramp, and it was kind of sharp, and I was taking it fairly swiftly, so I had to turn fairly hard. All of sudden the truck starts to...
  7. Shudder/vibration in OD and idle.

It's almost like a slight jerking motion. I've heard it could be either a miss in the motor, a bad trans mount, carrier bearing, and a couple others. Only in overdrive, and sometimes when you first drop it down into drive it'll shudder at idle. A hard shift into 2nd happens occasionally as well...
  8. Redneck Engineering, Undercoating the factory carpet?

Alright, Hear me out prior to calling me dumb. I know it sounds a bit ridiculous. My factory carpet is horrible, very dirty, and stained. I'm always wearing boots, and always drag something into the carpet. I was looking around for a new rubber floor mat like I put in my 99 4x4 ranger, however...
  9. Safari Pacific MX2 Build

Sweet. I've been following your build from the start. Good work
  10. Before and after the leveling

Did a bunch of work to the truck. Put a new RA bracket on the passenger side, new poly RA bushings, leveling spacers up front, f150 shocks, new hub bearings, new rotors and pads. Alignment and a set of 31x10.5 mud terrains to replace the worn out AT BFG's to, should drive like a new rig! Looks...
  11. Having serious issues finding correct shocks

Did the leveling kit, new hub bearings, new rotors, new radius arm poly bushings, and brackets, and just put the 2" leveling spacer on the truck. It's a 4.0 4x4 supercab. I go to put the shocks on, and they look obviously way to short, we compress the suspension, and its still just a tad to...
  12. Almost like a new truck

I bought my truck about a month ago off craigslist, picked it up for 1300 bucks. Bringing it home, I have a bump as I pull into the driveway, and all I heard was a pop. Unamazingly it was the radius arm bushings. So I went ahead and ordered poly radius arm bushings, and 2" leveling spacers. As...
  13. Picking out gear set

When I go to buy a set of gears, the rears pretty straight forward, the front I'm a little confused about. I buy them for a D35 correct? 4.56's to be exact to compensate for the 33's. Any help?
  14. Daily driven all purpose RBV

Wondering who uses theres for a daily and hits trails/tows/hauls/etc. all in in one fell swoop. Mustang is getting put in the garage to play with the nitrous and some other stuff, and the truck will be getting me around but I still have intentions to gear it with 33's and all to go on the trails...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad