• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by the_orangutan

1. contaminated oil? ticking/tapping?

Just off the bat this forum and the people who contribute to it are INCREDIBLE. In the past four months I've disassembled the engine in my '98 3.0L 5speed 4x4 XLT, had the short block and heads rebuilt by a mach shop, and reassembled with all new gaskets, almost all new sensors, new clutch/slave...
  2. oil pump bolt

Got the 3.0L rebuilt by a mach shop, left the timing cover and oil pan on when i gave it to them so it came back in pieces. Trying to figure out which bolt fastens the oil pump... anyone in the void got dimensions for the bolt? Seems like 10x1.25, just need the length and if it's alright to...
  3. Rusted out exhausts, gasket leaks, busted fuel line

Got a 1998 3.0L V6 4x4 5-speed. Clutch has been slipping now for months, finally caught a break with time to work on it. This is the deepest I've gone in on any car and I'm pumped to do the work but now it's approaching that moment where DIY turns into a holy shit didn't see that coming project...
  4. Hola hola

Howdy bonjour buenos... First time ranger-owner-DIYer in Miami, FL, looking to get to know how cars work by means of a '98 XLT 3.0L V6 4x4 5-speed. Blows my mind how many rangers roll around this city, if you watch you can spot 5 a minute easy. Got dragged on the buying price but after diving...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad