• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by tenga

1. tenga

91 explorer dash and engine swap 88 ranger

So I just finished up swapping in a 4.0 and explorer dash, got pretty much everything working except this issue. turn on the headlights and the voltage meter pins to zero, the tach stops working, the turn signal lights turn on and stay solid, and the high beam light goes on with the low beams...
  2. tenga

BW 1350 manual No four low.

As the title says, wont engage into 4-low, if i put it into gear it still acts as if it was in neutral; this happens with any gear I put it into. 4-Hi is working fine though. What exactly could be causing this?
  3. tenga

FM-145 Clutch failure

So the problems never end. Last night I had just got done from a drive, I pull into the tacobell drive through and put in in neutral. When I go to put it back into first, it wont go in, and wont go into to any other gears either. After about a minute of trying it goes in, and everything is fine...
  4. tenga

Same old problems, thinking fuel related

I find myself having to post here again unfortunately, symptoms include very intermittent power loss, of which haven't been able to find a pattern. (It will go a whole day of driving without doing it, ill park in for an hour and get back in and it wont make it 2 blocks before doing it. though...
  5. tenga

I'm thinking exhaust leak.

Alright, to start off I've been having issues for a month now. The truck will start up well every time, but usually after several minutes of driving there will be a loss of power, seeming and literally sounding like someone threw a choke on. If I pop it into neutral the engine will stall and...
  6. tenga

Gauge illumination issue

So A few days ago I noticed that the interior blinker light for the right turn signal went out. The actual turn signal works just fine. Now last night when I was driving home I noticed that the speedometer (which is one the right side of the dash as well) wasn't illuminating. The two don't use...
  7. tenga

Clutch problems

So I have an 88 ranger, 2.9L, FM146 transmission with the 4.0 clutch swap. about 2 months ago my clutch peddle started getting spongy, after about a month and a half it wouldn't disengage until in just about hit the floor. So I ended up bleeding it. It fixed it, but it was only a few weeks...
  8. tenga

Posted this in Interior, might be a better place here

So I bought an 88 ranger 4x4, but, among other things, the speedometer was not working. Now, after a few hours of tinkering, I find that the speedo cable is an inch or two too short to fit into the part of the nylon gear that it's supposed to fit in to. Honestly I'm stumped, according to the...
  9. tenga

Speedometer not working

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but anyways... So I bought an 88 ranger 4x4, but, among other things, the speedometer was not working. Now, after a few hours of tinkering, I find that the speedo cable is an inch or two too short to fit into the part of the nylon gear that it's...
  10. tenga

New, northern California. Humboldt if you know it.

So, new here. Been browsing around because i was buying a ranger and was figuring out problems with it. Ill be posting some threads soon because I need some help with quite a few things. Pleasant greetings guys.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad